My Father Passing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My Father Passing

Reaction Score
My deepest condolences to you.....your post brought back a lot of memories for me....I remember my dad always telling me stories about Bialosuknia and Kimball. And how back in the '60's, he'd call the Field House on a Friday afternoon and ask them to hold 2 tickets at will-call, then pick up a six pack for the trip with his buddy and drive up after work. (But he told me times were different back then and that I should never do that. ;) ) Then listening to games with him when Hanson, Carr, Abro and Whelton played. And going to my first game with him at the HCC......He passed in 2008, after seeing his Huskies win two NC's and his Red Sox win two World Series. So I like to think he was pretty happy sports-wise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very sorry for you loss. Never anything that can be said to ease the pain of loss.

Know that people are thinking of you and your family and wishing you the very best.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sad to read this, Mike. I'm glad you thought of the Yard as a place for comfort. Your dad was a battler.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Condolences on your loss. Godspeed to your dad.

Reaction Score
I know I’ve never met any of you in person, but I know we have the same UConn connection which makes this extremely difficult.

My father just passed away less than 24 hours ago. Long story short: diagnosed with AML in 5/18, two transplants (first didn’t take), went into sepsis shock, survived and had the second transplant. Was doing SO WELL, got Pneumonia and admitted to Smilow in NH on 4/24. Turned into grade 4 GVHD, and beat that...however bc of the meds the damage was done, had to have major surgery and survived enough to get out of ICU but things turned dire yesterday (my 3rd anniversary). He truly fought through Luekemia, sepsis shock, chemo, 2 transplants, pneumonia, GVHD, etc. It’s been 15 months of hell but the one thing that never waivered was our love of each other, family and UConn basketball (men and women). He’s been to multiple FF, etc. He was so excited to see them back in the NBE.

Unfortunately he passes this morning and would probably be pissed about me putting this online, but as weird as it sounds, we are all a small family even if I’ve never met any of you. Please just say a prayer for him, and for us.

My father is a UConn grad, as is my uncle, myself and my brother. UConn is in our blood, forever. Sorry if this is all over the place, I’m a mess right now.
So sorry for your loss. BY is your extended family. Never hesitate to express your sorrow or your future joys.

Reaction Score
I know I’ve never met any of you in person, but I know we have the same UConn connection which makes this extremely difficult.

My father just passed away less than 24 hours ago. Long story short: diagnosed with AML in 5/18, two transplants (first didn’t take), went into sepsis shock, survived and had the second transplant. Was doing SO WELL, got Pneumonia and admitted to Smilow in NH on 4/24. Turned into grade 4 GVHD, and beat that...however bc of the meds the damage was done, had to have major surgery and survived enough to get out of ICU but things turned dire yesterday (my 3rd anniversary). He truly fought through Luekemia, sepsis shock, chemo, 2 transplants, pneumonia, GVHD, etc. It’s been 15 months of hell but the one thing that never waivered was our love of each other, family and UConn basketball (men and women). He’s been to multiple FF, etc. He was so excited to see them back in the NBE.

Unfortunately he passes this morning and would probably be pissed about me putting this online, but as weird as it sounds, we are all a small family even if I’ve never met any of you. Please just say a prayer for him, and for us.

My father is a UConn grad, as is my uncle, myself and my brother. UConn is in our blood, forever. Sorry if this is all over the place, I’m a mess right now.
You and yours are in my prayers. Deepest condolences.

Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear that Mike. Sincere condolences to your family. Thank you for sharing with us so we can lend what support we can. God bless you all cherish him forever.

Reaction Score
My deepest condolences Mike. Sensing prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear about this and I extend my deepest condolences. I unfortunately can relate, as my mother is in her last days, slowly being killed by pancreatic cancer. She never posted on here, but did coin the "Angry Little Carrot" nickname for Cronin. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

RIP I hope your pain turns to good memories of your Dad soon

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Mike,
so sorry. Sorry he went through so much too. He was a hell of a fighter. Calhoun proud level and beyond.
Be kind to yourself. If you are like most of us, this will be a tough year. Feel free to reach out.
David

Reaction Score
Mike, so sorry for your loss and everyone on this board is pulling in the same direction so you’re right about the family thing in a sense. The description of what your dad had to endure is amazing and I take my hat off to him for his fortitude and bravery. Lost my dad over 10 years ago and I can tell you something that has happened to me. I end up mentioning to other people his accomplishments and interesting life often in conversation with others and in some way it keeps him relevant and here. Be well.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My prayers are with you and your family. I am sorry for your loss :(

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Condolences, embrace the memories and never forget. It's going to hurt for a while, that's OK too.

All the best

Go Huskies

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Deep condolences, may you find the strength. Always sorry to hear of such a loss. Lean on loved ones, family, friends, and the UConn 'family' as much as you need. All will be there for you.

Lost my own dad (sudden stroke) in 2005, my sister in 2016, and just spent the weekend with my mom (86) in the hospital. I've never lacked for support from similar groups at times like this.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Hang in and take care of yourself.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score

I'm sorry for your loss my man, your dad sounds like he was our kind of guy! I'm so sorry to hear this and wish you only the best in life.

Reaction Score
So sorry Mike, a terrible thing to go through for sure. A loving parent is the greatest gift. Both of my parents are gone, now for several years. But take my word. The day will come when you reflect on your parents and a smile comes to your face, just as it did when you reminded me of my wonderful mom and dad. So thank you and take care, you and your family

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom