My expectations just changed. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My expectations just changed.

caw

Reaction Score
We need to focus on advancing but if we do the Jay Wright point about Princton vs Mizzou is spot on. You have time to prepare for the next game in the Sweet 16. Arkansas is a tough matchup.

If UConn wins tomorrow there is plenty of time to prep. It's games two, four and six you can look forward to a bit for prep.

Reaction Score
Top teams losing left and right -> Watches another really good team get upset -> instantly increases expectations for our team. Classic BY insanity.
Every good team can’t lose.

Reaction Score
Before the tournament I said I'd be really upset with a first round loss, content with 2nd round loss, and ecstatic to make the 2nd weekend. Nothing has changed.

A little perspective: At the beginning of the past two years I thought there was a solid chance we'd be worse or no better than the previous season. Both years DH and crew has surprised me.

Looking forward to seeing what happens when we start putting the ball in the hands of MCDONALD'S AA caliber guards.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doomed-1.jpg

Reaction Score
I just want to win tomorrow.

You chuckleheads thinking about the sweet sixteen matchup need to be thrown in front of a train.
Or thrown into a volcano. Either will suffice.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that the Chaos Monkey can swing in many directions so let’s not try to get his attention, ‘mkay?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
We have a national championship caliber team. We knew that ten games in. Anything short of that is a letdown. We are just so erratic that we have to temper our expectations. Every team has it's flaw and that is ours. Legit teams left are us, Alabama and Marquette.
Houston is very legit.
Houston scares me the most out of any team left.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Actually thought Kansas was the better matchup for UConn. I know they were a #1 seed, but just thought they matched up well.

Now, the pressure shifts to UConn. The Hogs are playing with house money. They can be a very dangerous team.

Besides, UConn has work to do tomorrow. It's not like St. Mary's is a slouch. They should be a tough out, but UConn has an overall talent and depth advantage. Just take care of tomorrow first.
Once upon a when many of us wanted Musselman at UConn. He’s a hell of a coach and has the players at Arkansas to back up his style.

But, anyways, let’s bomb St Mary’s first!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
By season end I felt with this talent, anything less than an elite 8 would be a major disappointment. When I saw Kansas in the bracket, I could have lived with a Sweet 16. Now I have upped my expectations to at least an Elite 8. The talent and experience warrants such a lofty goal. Anything beyond that is gravy.
Shut up nerd!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
By season end I felt with this talent, anything less than an elite 8 would be a major disappointment. When I saw Kansas in the bracket, I could have lived with a Sweet 16. Now I have upped my expectations to at least an Elite 8. The talent and experience warrants such a lofty goal. Anything beyond that is gravy.
Whoa, you got a @uconnswag LIKE for being positive. Nice!

Reaction Score
Haven't read a post in this thread but will say...Kansas loss + Arizona loss clears the way for a natty. Just saying.
So happy for Dan.

Reaction Score
As long as we are not in any close games and need to execute down the stretch or make any in game coaching adjustment we should be fine! LOL
Hey now!

Reaction Score
Haven't read a post in this thread but will say...Kansas loss + Arizona loss clears the way for a natty. Just saying.
So happy for Dan.
How does Arizona losing clear the way? Would have only met them in the Finals and they were not a clear favorite.

Reaction Score
Hey bud that's not how Coach Calhoun approached tournament . They can't afford to look ahead. Have to take tournament at each site is its own little pod. Have to win two game pods to advance. Focus is on the next game doesn't matter what any other team in tournament does. If we move in then we benefit from other results. We as fans always get ahead of ourselves. I certainly hope our UCONN players are not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom