My 2 cents | The Boneyard

My 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Many are concerned with UConns short roster. We have seen recruits going to other teams and UConn has 3 stars in waiting....Courtney, Sadie and Gabby. We need a big. Well Brianna Turner verballed to ND. Some wonder if we missed out on her. It has been posted that A'ja Wilson will be hard to pull out of SC. Understand we are loaded with tip top talent. There are no players better then Breanna and KML. NONE. Bria is coming back healthly. She was playing injured for the entire season last year. Morgan was captain of the USA team which tells me what her team mates think of her. Shes a leader. Morgan was also ranked number 1 in high school until she got hurt. Kinda makes me think there is a lot of potential there to be an AA. This season Morgan is healthy. MoJeff was ranked second in her class to Breanna. All these kids going elsewhere makes me think Geno has something up his sleeve. Why did UConn get only one recruit this season..Chong. Because that's all they really needed and the talent level just may not have been what Geno was looking for and with the roster at UConn those kids knew they wouldn't start and that was a factor believe me on that.

These are my thoughts and I have no inside information on this. Brianna Turners father had a tweet which I found by accident clicking on a thread on another board saying to a guard who verballed to UCLA. It said and this isn't word for word but the best I can remember. Good luck and work hard I guess Bri will be playing with Mojeff again. That didn't happen? Why? I don't know she verballed to ND. IMO it could be a combo of many things. Maybe just maybe there is a big who is a UConn lean. Maybe not.

We have this coming season MoJeff Morgan and Breanna as Sophs. KML Kiah and BB as juniors. Pretty awesome roster. Saniya who imo is a top 10 player and BTW Ive seen some of the top 10 players and imo shes there. Let me say this. She was POY in NY. NOT NYC, NY. She beat out everybody else and theyre ranked ahead of her. ????????????? That raises some questions for me about her ranking. Saniya was a super star in HS and with some coaching at UConn I am confident she will be here too.

Now for this season and next. Breanna Stef Kiah Morgan KML Bria BB Saniya MoJeff . I see some AAs there. I see players that can put up a lot of points per night. I see the top or one of the top defenses in the country. Our posts are more dominate that any team in WCBB with depth. Our guard play some think is questionable. I disagree. Bria is going to make her mark this season. MoJeff will mature. BB is healthy and Saniya will get a lot of playtime. One thing that happened in the NCAAs last season and in the USA games. Kids weakness's were exposed and they know it. That's a positive in that they know and the UConn coaches know what they need to work on. Next season with Bria and Stef graduated. Kiah is still there in the post. Courtney from everyone is telling me has unlimited range, and can play team shes a coaches daughter, Gabby and Sadie are scorers. BTW remember this name in a couple of months. Taylor Rooks. She may be the reason why some many kids didn't come to UConn. I still have high hopes for Samuelson and Durr too.

There has been some talk about the AAC and ACC and how much more competitive the ACC is. Well let me bring up this point. MD is leaving the ACC. ND is coming in and a year from now LVille. UNC has a very weak OCC schedule which is weaker then UConns AAC schedule. Look at the ACC OOC schedule and tell me who has an OOC schedule like UConn? Yes there are a few top tier teams in the ACC that battle it out and there are a lot of very weak teams in the ACC. Duke ND are top tier teams. Lville will be good a year from now and maybe UNC will be good. How good I don't know. Do you think having UConn in the AAC will strengthen the league? I do. It will take some time just like it did in the BE. We are used to UConn playing a tuff schedule because the BE was tuff. That's gone. So Geno will make his OOC schedule tuffer if opponets are willing to play him.

Lets face it when you blow out top 10 teams year after year, the intimidation factor and more importantly a number 1 ranking or high ranking they could get in the NCAAs is at steak. So many of the better teams don't want to schedule UConn because they could lose that ranking and the intimidation factor is there. Being a top team and losing by 25+ does a number on your confidence.

I am very confident we will land more great players. We already have a few who are game changers. We will get more. Having a lot of top 50 players is impressive. Having number 1 players is more impressive. Not getting everybody your offer is tuff for fans to swallow however getting the number 1 and 2 players every year makes those fans smile.

Reaction Score
Hey - I'll settle for 4 in the 2014 class. That's my 5 cents worth.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think that was more than 2 cents worth!
On Turner - the two USA games were the first I had seen her play and I was a little disappointed. As I posted in another thread, it is a very small sample size and an difficult situation for these kids being thrown together, but after a fair amount of hype from a few years ago, I expected more out of her. She didn't make a bad impression, just really didn't stand out at all in the two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom