My “Shake it up” proposals | Page 4 | The Boneyard

My “Shake it up” proposals

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I completely agree - he's just that tall, sorry? It's like the screen he was called on, yeah his feet were a bit wide but it he's friggin tall man.

Oh well, Edey can hip toss a dude though.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes, offensively he's essentially Gaffney with a better handle, and maybe a worse shot. But I don't see the off the ball movement we had earlier either. Guys just standing around. Too much weave, too many ball screens. Everyone blaming the PG play, but the reality is, the offense is designed not to need a PG. It needs loads of off the ball motion and movement of the ball crisply through the air.

Look how different it looked against Iowa State, a good defensive team.

Gonna be honest, it looks our offense, but the ball is going in the hoop.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
In essence you’re starting Diarra in place of Sanogo.

Maybe because Diarra is aggressive and defensively disruptive at times, the BY narrative is that he’s a great defensive player.

What I’ve seen is that after Diarra’s pressure on the perimeter his man drives past him and beats him repeatedly on drives to the hoop. He should get a few minutes PT when we need to stop a three point shooter who can’t dribble and drive.
Diarra for Karaban, Clingan for Sanogo.

Reaction Score
It’s eye opening how bad Alleyne has been this season. Thru 19 games he and AJ have attempted the same amount of FG and 3PA, Andre has hit slightly more... I know the minutes aren’t the same, but still. Newton has gotten to the line the most out of anyone and still feels like he needs to be there more.

All guards needs to get to the line more and shoot it better, simple as that. We’ve all beaten the defense aspect like a dead horse too.

Attachments

• D5D9D2D8-1A78-4E28-AE74-169E4D027781.png
    D5D9D2D8-1A78-4E28-AE74-169E4D027781.png
    574.6 KB · Views: 50
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the shake-up should be but I do know that since we have been going with the starting lineup of Sanago, AJ, Hawkins, Newton and Karaban, I can’t recall even one time when Hurley substituted before the 16:00 minute tv timeout. That’s goes as well for the beginning of the 2nd half. Twenty percent of the minutes every game where he sticks with the same starting lineup regardless of how they are playing or the matchup.

There are so many instances that a player or two should not start the 2nd half based on their play but he never changes and even worse keeps them all in for for 4+ minutes. He never yanks players when they are stinking up the floor. Let's see what changes are in store for tomorrow night.
Sounds like maybe you want to sub Kimani for Hurley and see how that works? I remember a few times when JC was out Blaney played some diff rotations that jump started things

Reaction Score
I feel like OP has things backwards. Our absolute worst lineups have come with Jackson at the 4.

Once Johnson is back and ready, I'd start this lineup
Newton
Hawkins
Karaban
Johnson
Sanogo

Until then I'd still consider having Jackson come off the bench. Want to see what Newton does without him and with Diarra or Alleyne.
SSDG for Newton

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback!
There’s just no other way to put it. Karaban is one of our 3 most important offensive players, starting Diarra over him makes it objectively worse. More dribble penetration from someone who shouldn’t be penetrating, isn’t better than taking one of our two consistent shooters off the floor. The bigs will struggle even more.

Reaction Score
Amazing so many people want to fire the coach and change the team up, but you have a 4 page thread that cannot come up with a consensus starting 5............

Reaction Score
Amazing so many people want to fire the coach and change the team up, but you have a 4 page thread that cannot come up with a consensus starting 5............

Yes, it’s always easier to agree on what you’re against than to agree on what you’re for.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
There’s just no other way to put it. Karaban is one of our 3 most important offensive players, starting Diarra over him makes it objectively worse. More dribble penetration from someone who shouldn’t be penetrating, isn’t better than taking one of our two consistent shooters off the floor. The bigs will struggle even more.
Karaban is also objectively our worst defender. So much so that nearly every team we’ve played has attacked him repeatedly when he’s in the game.

He plays because the good outweighs the bad. There’s no doubt about that. And he’s improving rapidly, there’s no doubt about that.

When Clingan is in the game teams lock up offensively. They alter their shot, they stay out of the paint completely.

I want that out of the gate. I want teams to start cold. I believe our net loss of offense with those changes is worth the net gain on defense.

Then I get to bring in Karaban and Sanogo off the bench together. They are complimentary pieces, and now they are guarding subs in their rotation, which protects their liabilities.

And I’ll say it again, because I don’t think all are following, we’re talking about the first 10 min here, and after that the minutes distribution can look exactly as it does today.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Karaban is also objectively our worst defender. So much so that nearly every team we’ve played has attacked him repeatedly when he’s in the game.

He plays because the good outweighs the bad. There’s no doubt about that. And he’s improving rapidly, there’s no doubt about that.

When Clingan is in the game teams lock up offensively. They alter their shot, they stay out of the paint completely.

I want that out of the gate. I want teams to start cold. I believe our net loss of offense with those changes is worth the net gain on defense.

Then I get to bring in Karaban and Sanogo off the bench together. They are complimentary pieces, and now they are guarding subs in their rotation, which protects their liabilities.

And I’ll say it again, because I don’t think all are following, we’re talking about the first 10 min here, and after that the minutes distribution can look exactly as it does today.
He’s not a great defender. But I somewhat blame Dan for thinking he was ready to guard Hopkins/Kaluma/Freemantal, when he has the best defender in the conference to put on them. You can have a good defense with one negative, especially when that negative is 6’7. We had an elite defense in fact for the first 12 or so games, with him and Sanogo starting.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He’s not a great defender. But I somewhat blame Dan for thinking he was ready to guard Hopkins/Kaluma/Freemantal, when he has the best defender in the conference to put on them. You can have a good defense with one negative, especially when that negative is 6’7. We had an elite defense in fact for the first 12 or so games, with him and Sanogo starting.
We did, but it’s a shake up for a reason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom