Mustapha Heron | The Boneyard

Mustapha Heron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Flipping back and forth between games and Heron just had 24 pts. and 10 rebounds. It drives me nuts this kid was sitting in Waterbury and didn't end up at UConn.

Reaction Score
I can see KO doing that Ryan Gomes soliloquy.
Except Heron wasn't some project who turned out to be a great player. Everyone knew he was awesome for years and we couldn't reel him in.

Reaction Score
He committed to Pitt super early cause he was close with an assistant. Auburn is under Armour he always played Adidas AAU.

Reaction Score
$$$$$. Thats what people in CT say. Who knows. Wish we had him.

Reaction Score
It's just a shame when a local star like that leaves the state. He is going to have an awesome college career and play in the league.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For about a thousand reasons, it was never going to happen for UConn.

Reaction Score
For about a thousand reasons, it was never going to happen for UConn.
We need to repair whatever relationship problems exist with Sacred Heart people, there will be other players coming out of there in years to come.

Reaction Score
We need to repair whatever relationship problems exist with Sacred Heart people, there will be other players coming out of there in years to come.

He wasn't even a Waterbury/Sacred Heart kid he's a Meriden kid who's dad controlled everything and UConn was never a piece. Maybe with Mustapha himself but dad was looking out for the family. As Fishy said was never going to happen this has nothing to do with KO and the staff.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The kid never even sniffed the Storrs air
His Dad made sure of that
NEXT

Reaction Score
He wasn't even a Waterbury/Sacred Heart kid he's a Meriden kid who's dad controlled everything and UConn was never a piece. Maybe with Mustapha himself but dad was looking out for the family. As Fishy said was never going to happen this has nothing to do with KO and the staff.
He's a Sacred Heart kid and they have become a basketball power recently. They have another 4 D1 kids on the team this coming season.

Reaction Score
Flipping back and forth between games and Heron just had 24 pts. and 10 rebounds. It drives me nuts this kid was sitting in Waterbury and didn't end up at UConn.
True, feel like Pearl is a pretty dirty coach though.

Reaction Score
True, feel like Pearl is a pretty dirty coach though.
I'm not exactly a Pearl fan but all this dirty talk and he's paying all his players seems a bit silly. Where is all this pay to play talk coming from? He had Aaron Craft to his house for a BBQ and then lied to the NCAA about it. He's dumb for lying about it but having a prospective recruit to your house for a BBQ is not exactly high on the totem poll when it comes to dirty college coaches.

Reaction Score
I'm not exactly a Pearl fan but all this dirty talk and he's paying all his players seems a bit silly. Where is all this pay to play talk coming from? He had Aaron Craft to his house for a BBQ and then lied to the NCAA about it. He's dumb for lying about it but having a prospective recruit to your house for a BBQ is not exactly high on the totem poll when it comes to dirty college coaches.

You ... kind of left out the earlier story why MANY D1 coaches don't like Bruce Pearl. He - in general - has a distinct smell to his personhood. It is sometimes liked; and often held in disdain.

Reaction Score
You ... kind of left out the earlier story why MANY D1 coaches don't like Bruce Pearl. He - in general - has a distinct smell to his personhood. It is sometimes liked; and often held in disdain.
How does that make him a pay for play guy? He taped a conversation with a recruit he knew he was losing to prove the kid was being given $80k and a Chevy Blazer. It's not how I would have gone about things but I think it would be pretty annoying if you spend years recruiting a kid and you know for a fact the other program is giving him a ton of money.

Reaction Score

It has more to do with Auburn. Auburn pays. Everyone knows that. The boosters do.

Reaction Score
How does that make him a pay for play guy? He taped a conversation with a recruit he knew he was losing to prove the kid was being given $80k and a Chevy Blazer. It's not how I would have gone about things but I think it would be pretty annoying if you spend years recruiting a kid and you know for a fact the other program is giving him a ton of money.

Yeah, except the fact that the NCAA found his little plot entirely without credibility and determined that there was no wrongdoing involved in the Deon Thomas recruitment. So I don't know how you and Bruce "know for a fact" something that was rejected almost thirty years ago. Illinois got in trouble because of unrelated wrongdoing uncovered in the course of the Thomas investigation.

Reaction Score
Yeah, except the fact that the NCAA found his little plot entirely without credibility and determined that there was no wrongdoing involved in the Deon Thomas recruitment. So I don't know how you and Bruce "know for a fact" something that was rejected almost thirty years ago. Illinois got in trouble because of unrelated wrongdoing uncovered in the course of the Thomas investigation.
Yup, Jimmy Collins never offered Deon Thomas and LaPhonso Ellis money. Bwahaha.

Reaction Score
I guess you really know what is going on with Auburn & SEC boosters ...

Because I just suspect. They still don't come near competing for even the #2 spot in the conference. And LSU? Georgia? Tennessee? Higher propensity for something to happen in that conference than virtually any other.

Reaction Score
I guess you really know what is going on with Auburn & SEC boosters ...

Because I just suspect. They still don't come near competing for even the #2 spot in the conference. And LSU? Georgia? Tennessee? Higher propensity for something to happen in that conference than virtually any other.
I know about boosters with SEC football. My friend's dad is one at Georgia.

Reaction Score
Word around Wtby is that there were $$ involved. Pearl has never been held up as a paragon of virtue.:(:(:(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom