MUST READ :This article quoting AD Dave Benedict answers a lot of questions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

MUST READ :This article quoting AD Dave Benedict answers a lot of questions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So you can’t feel sympathy for student athletes, some of whom are still teenagers, just because they are lucky enough to play at UConn? Injuries are bad for everyone. Exhaustion is real. Pressure is real. They are allowed to talk about it. Just saying “suck it up” is a bad mentality to have.
We have a lot of people that are degenerate gamblers here in Vegas, to them it's all about the money. They are always looking for an edge to win and believe that all information should be public so they have that edge. I don't at all agree with it, they don't have a right to all info.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I didn't know this. Now I have more respect and love for this young lady.
"She has a hereditary condition that has left her legally blind in her right eye.
“I have no peripheral vision in my right eye,” Patterson said on Wednesday. “I don’t see much over there. It’s been like that since birth. My dad had it. He played basketball for years including professionally for a couple of years. He’s talked to me about the different struggles that he had as a basketball player and how he could help me grow as a basketball player with this disability. I’ve just adjusted over time and grown from it."

Reaction Score
I hope UConn pushes the Big East to schedule with travel partners so most of the season during conference play they have two home games one week, two road games the next. That way they travel less and can attend most of their classes every other week.

I like the PAC-12 scheduling of mostly Friday/Sunday games, so they are on campus at least three days a week.
Agree that maybe more work can be done here. On the other hand, I'm sure a lot of this is discussed during scheduling? I mean, it would be baffling to me if they didn't?

Also, what are the rules with requesting a postponement? Could DePaul have said no? Could UConn be forced into a forfeit? At some point, postponements have the potential to snowball to where they can't make-up games. SC and TN games can be canceled (like SC did to UConn last year.) That would be where some games, depending on other teams schedule, could possibly be made up.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Also, what are the rules with requesting a postponement? Could DePaul have said no? Could UConn be forced into a forfeit? At some point, postponements have the potential to snowball to where they can't make-up games. SC and TN games can be canceled (like SC did to UConn last year.) That would be where some games, depending on other teams schedule, could possibly be made up.
"With two more players (Aaliyah Edwards and Ayanna Patterson) sustaining injuries in Thursday’s game at Xavier, UConn was down to six available scholarship players, one below the Big East Conference minimum."

Reaction Score
"With two more players (Aaliyah Edwards and Ayanna Patterson) sustaining injuries in Thursday’s game at Xavier, UConn was down to six available scholarship players, one below the Big East Conference minimum."
So, they could be required to forfeit? Or just postpone? In this case it was postponed, but I was wondering if a forfeit could happen?

Reaction Score
So, they could be required to forfeit? Or just postpone? In this case it was postponed, but I was wondering if a forfeit could happen?
Seems unlikely. Last year when the South Carolina game was postponed there was no forfeit. For conference games, the Big East rules apply.

sun

Reaction Score
UConn only played Butler once last year.
It was postponed by UConn due to covid and then cancelled by Butler due to a weather related travel problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom