Musky tears ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Musky tears ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Opened both halves sluggish. Despite the win, that's troublesome.
  2. Came alive when things started looking dire in both halves. That's encouraging.
  3. We looked much better when playing fast than when trying to control tempo. I'm not talking about a marginal difference. I'm talking the difference between pretty darned good and horrendous.
  4. Gaffney throwing bullets to bigs from 3 feet away doesn't help.
  5. The last offensive foul on Whaley was clearly a charge. The announcers were trying to figure out of his heel might've been on the line. Shouldn't have mattered, because he didn't move into that position until Whaley was in the air. C'mon Donny -- you should be calling the refs out for that cramp and stop trying to be politically correct. Where's your Husky pride?
  6. Speaking of the foul situation. The first four fouls of the game were called on UConn. First call on Xavier was at 8:46 left in the half. Our first foul shot was at 2:27. We went into the locker room 2 of 2 from the line. We were 6 for 6 when they started intentionally fouling us, and we ended the game 13 of 18. I wish they would call them intentional and put an end to that "strategy". Wait a minute -- I was all for it when Bazz and crew won the NC by going 53 of 56 from the line during 'winning time' in the tourney. I guess I have to make my mind up whether I'm for it or against it.
  7. Last game, we lost every column in the box score except blocks. Today, we won every column except steals.
  8. It was great to see Akok out there smiling and contributing with 3 of 4 shooting, a dime and a board, even if it was only for 10 minutes.
  9. It was even nicer to see Whaley, Sanogo, Martin and Cole playing like we know they can.
  10. Did I miss something on an issue with Adams? Pretty sure it was his first DNP of the season. Never even heard his name mentioned.
  11. Next game is when I have been expecting Bouk to come back. I hope so, but if they play like they did today, they win without him.

Reaction Score
As usual good post. 3, 4, 6, 8 & 9 are spot on. Have to see more outlets to people who can create and be aggressive to the basket. Having Bouk back helps that whole dynamic, whenever that may be. Gaff had a rough game probably should have shot every time he threw thos awful bullet passes but he's still lost at times. Thank God for RJ a great game, confident stroke when needed. IW back to himself was an impact especially with Fremantle playing out of his arse, kids good but c'mon.

Reaction Score
Rich, I think you need to edit number 5, it doesn't seem to make sense. Otherwise, nice analysis.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Rich, I think you need to edit number 5, it doesn't seem to make sense. Otherwise, nice analysis.
Thanks. Unfortunately, the editing window has expired. The pertinent part of that should have read...

The last offensive foul on Whaley was clearly a charge. The announcers were trying to figure out if the defender's heel might've been on the protected area line, which really wasn't the issue. Whether he was inside or outside that arc, he didn't move into that position until Whaley was already in the air.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Unfortunately, the editing window has expired. The pertinent part of that should have read...

The last offensive foul on Whaley was clearly a blocking foul. The announcers were trying to figure out if the defender's heel might've been on the protected area line, which really wasn't the issue. Whether he was inside or outside that arc, he didn't move into that position until Whaley was already in the air.
FIFY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom