OT: - Musical relatives | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Musical relatives

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As you might notice, twin brothers backing up Brandi (and one of them married her sister).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Whole family band--dad, mom, brother and sister. Kasey Chambers was in her teens when they started. She went solo at a fairly early age. I think her brother does some studio stuff, but dad has been in touring band all along, he plays a mean slide guitar.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
In her mid teens, Carrie Fisher was removed from Hollywood High School so that she could instead learn the "show biz" education her super star mom Debbie Reynolds had in store for her.

I wonder if Billie Lourde sings? That would make 3 generations. She is an actor anyway.

Reaction Score
wp2362237-2450067594.jpg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Sharon Shannon is a pretty well-known Irish traditional musician hailing from County Clare. She plays accordion. Her brother Garry is a wonderful flute player. They have a sister Mary who plays fiddle, though I only know her as a supporting player.

Reaction Score
Jon Anderson (YES) and his brother

The line-up included Jon Anderson (later Yes singer) on vocals, Jon's brother Tony Anderson (later Los Bravos member)

Reaction Score
This one is more in line with the spirit of the OP. The first post will be of Louis Prima. The second will be from his daughter, who we saw play live at the New Orleans Jazz Festival earlier this year.

Reaction Score
And Louis Prima's daughter Lena performing a song her dad contributed to the Disney animated film "The Jungle Book."

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Rick and Oliver Wakeman, who both played with Yes; both have solo careers too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Black Crowes, brothers Chris and Rich Robinson. Then they got upset with each other and broke up. But recently got back together. In between Chris went and formed the Chris Robinson Brotherhood. (Rich did some solo work and formed a couple other groups himself.)

Anyway, here's something newer from them, now they are back together.

Wanting and Waiting

And something from the Chris Robinson Brotherhood (covering Three Dog Night)

Never Been To Spain

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Creedence Clearwater Revival had the Fogerty brothers, John and Tom. After they split, John went on to have a few of his own hits.

CCR covering a Motown song (covered by multiple Motown artists) and putting their own spin on it.

I Heard It Through The Grapevine (extended version)

One of John's most known song's. And an cool video.

Centerfield

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Together or apart they are...

A little known fact is that Nat King Cole and his brothers Isaac, Eddie and Freddy sang together while growing up. Isaac "aka" Ike had a jazz trio named the Ike Cole trio. Ike and his band received major TV exposure, and soon after became a steady attraction in Las Vegas. Throughout the years, his band toured Japan, Australia, Europe, and the United States regularly. Later in 1990 he and his brother Freddy toured together doing a tribute show to Nat. Ike and his niece Natalie also did a tribute to Nat a year later with Ike playing the piano and also singing backup with Natalie cutting her Grammy Award winning album "Unforgettable". Here is a clip of him doing a tribute to Nat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom