OT: - Musical relatives | The Boneyard

OT: Musical relatives

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It's been a couple of weeks since the last music thread, so I figure it's time.

I've been thinking about talented families -- nature, nurture, all that. So, let's see some posts with blood relatives. No husband-wife like Christine (Perfect) and John McVie, Captan and Tenille, Louis and Lil Armstrong. I'd really prefer folks not in the same band -- we all know about the Jackson Five, Allman Brothers, Isley Brothers, Marshall Tucker. . . I'm looking for folks like James and Livingston Taylor, Nat and Natalie Cole. . . But this is the Boneyard, so I recognize that my hopes may not be fulfilled. ;)

I'll start off with two of my favorite folksingers, Joan Baez and little sister Mimi Farina:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Steppenwolf's breakout hit, Born to be Wild, was written by Mars Bonfire (Dennis Edmonton), the brother of their drummer. The Wolf did several of his songs. This is the original version of one they did a few years later, followed by a Steppenwolf song that includes Jerry Edmonton on co-lead vocals:

Reaction Score
Ah, BB has thought of a good angle to look at the musical world...!

Here are the Roche sisters - Maggey, Terre, Suzzy - doing the very beautiful "Hammond Song".

Reaction Score
The McGuire Sisters MAY YOU ALWAYS

The Andrews Sisters BOOGIE WOOGIE BUGLE BOY

Reaction Score
Another father/son selection, both bass players, although a bit obscure.

Michael Been founded The Call and during the 80s I listened to everything they did. Michael passed away in 2010.
Robert Levon Been was his son and played for a group called Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

Robert sat in with The Call a couple times and after his father's passing he played a couple tribute shows with The Call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom