Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My early picks for AP All-Americans (in order for the 5-player team):

Griner
Ogwumike
DelleDonne
Sims
Diggins (I think voters will switch Diggins and Sims)

Johnson
Thomas
Stricklen
Hartley
???

I agree on your top 5. Which Johnson? Which Thomas?
Also agree with Stricklen & Hartley as 2nd team.

Sykes may be in 2nd/3rd team range. If Ohio St continues to do surprisingly well (I dont think anyone had them top 20), then Prahalis will probably get some attention. And perhaps someone from KY, like Mathies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree on your top 5. Which Johnson? Which Thomas?
Also agree with Stricklen & Hartley as 2nd team.

Sykes may be in 2nd/3rd team range. If Ohio St continues to do surprisingly well (I dont think anyone had them top 20), then Prahalis will probably get some attention. And perhaps someone from KY, like Mathies.
Johnson from Miami (at least before tonight:)) and Thomas from Maryland.

Both Prahalis and Tayler Hill have had some good games for OSU.

Reaction Score
Remember last years BYU Jimmer Fredette (sp) all he did was lead the nation in scoring last year and got National Player of the Year for different brands what if EDD can do the same hopefully she does

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Remember last years BYU Jimmer Fredette (sp) all he did was lead the nation in scoring last year and got National Player of the Year for different brands what if EDD can do the same hopefully she does
Poor Kemba. I think a lot of voters saw him as having a fluky season, kind of lightning in a bottle. Too bad the voters couldn't use a crystal ball to see the future - an NCAA championship and impressive debut performance in the NBA. Jimmer is great scorer, no doubt, but Kemba is a winner, pure and simple.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Jimmer was also white. Men's basketball is always looking for the next great white hope. And that always impacts voting for individual honors. Sorry if this strikes anyone as an offensive comment, but it's true.

Interestingly, the women's game has always had a better racial mix when it's come to star players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom