Multiple members of UConn coaching staff test positive for COVID-19 or show symptoms; Dan Hurley not at NBA Draft | The Boneyard

Multiple members of UConn coaching staff test positive for COVID-19 or show symptoms; Dan Hurley not at NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I mean, if they are vaccinated - as they article tells - what else could they do? Being around people is in the job description.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
maybe/maybe not, we'll see perhaps

Reaction Score
I mean, if they are vaccinated - as they article tells - what else could they do? Being around people is in the job description.
Study out of Israel that efficacy has started to wane, which is why that country is now giving a third shot to population over 60 years old. My sister is a pathologist, and a well respected one for the last 35 years. She has told me to enjoy my feelings of freedom now, because by mid-fall, vaccines taken in the spring will likely start to lose strength in the US, and coupled with continued mutations… things may get a bit challenging again.

and remember… our staff was at Peach Jam and covid was being spread in an enclosed space.

Reaction Score
We've got to get past this idea of "stopping the spread", because that isn't going to happen and transmisivity is not what vaccine efficacy is mostly about. The covid vacinnes are about "stopping the death" and they continue to do a good job of that.

Reaction Score
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

It was posted earlier today but is buried in the very long Bouknight Draft Watch thread and nobody seemed to care when it was posted.

Reaction Score
Can I just buy a bulk supply of vaccine off of Amazon or something?

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Study out of Israel that efficacy has started to wane, which is why that country is now giving a third shot to population over 60 years old. My sister is a pathologist, and a well respected one for the last 35 years. She has told me to enjoy my feelings of freedom now, because by mid-fall, vaccines taken in the spring will likely start to lose strength in the US, and coupled with continued mutations… things may get a bit challenging again.

and remember… our staff was at Peach Jam and covid was being spread in an enclosed space.
rachel dratch snl GIF

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not spread the virus to people dumb enough not to be vaccinated who also can spread the virus. Many people have no clue about viruses and contagion. It’s why this sucker will remain a problem no matter how much we all want things to be “normal”.

Reaction Score
It seems inevitable that masks in public (at least indoors) will be mandated again, so my question is why wait? Mandate it now and save lives. I really don't understand the pushback on indoor mask wearing. It's become as normal for me as wearing a shirt in public.

I really feel bad for the grocery store workers making minimum wage who chose to wear masks but aren't getting the same protection as they did when everyone had to wear masks in the stores. As a courtesy to them, put your mask on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32