Multiple commits this morning? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Multiple commits this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fair enough. But they have managed to make independence completely lucrative. People have told them for years they couldn’t do it and they said no way even when they were losing.
They might be the best model because we’re telling the AAC no way to the crappy contract that doesn’t benefit us at all and figuring out what works for the majority of our sports teams. If the ND model is selfish aren’t we being a little selfish and isn’t that okay because we’ve been screwed in the last decade by doing it the right way?

Huh? They have a monster television deal with NBC. People have been telling them to join a conference for years, not that they can’t make independent football work for them because, clearly , it has.

Reaction Score
Check Quebec. We might have 10 speaking French by January

Reaction Score
Huh? They have a monster television deal with NBC. People have been telling them to join a conference for years, not that they can’t make independent football work for them because, clearly , it has.
They do have a monster deal - but they tell them it can’t work because they’ll eventually be shut out of bowls, conference championships, blah blah blah. All of the stuff people here are whining about.
If we can get Fox or SNY to cover us, we’ll be fine. It’s not NBC, but it’s something.

Reaction Score
They do have a monster deal - but they tell them it can’t work because they’ll eventually be shut out of bowls, conference championships, blah blah blah. All of the stuff people here are whining about.
If we can get Fox or SNY to cover us, we’ll be fine. It’s not NBC, but it’s something.

Really the only argument that people have made is they might get shut out of the playoff because of the lack of a conference championship game. There's no concern for them about making bowl games, making money, or filling up a compelling schedule, which are our main concerns.

Seeing how other independents do it is worthwhile, not Notre Dame though.

Reaction Score
How do you make bowls without a conference affiliation?
There have been years when there aren’t enough 6 win teams to fill all the bowl slots. I would guess that if UConn has 6 wins they would have to go over a 5 win team. The number of bowls is increasing which helps. But still stuck with the leftovers and that’s after the stars align and there aren’t enough 6 win teams.

Reaction Score
I’m in Storrs today. Not stalking

However ... I was right behind a Mom & Dad & Prospect (big tall white kid) & baby brother

The kid says ... if I’m here 5 years, what’s the competition going to be like then.

Reaction Score
I’m in Storrs today. Not stalking

However ... I was right behind a Mom & Dad & Prospect (big tall white kid) & baby brother

The kid says ... if I’m here 5 years, what’s the competition going to be like then.
Must have been a offensive lineman

Reaction Score
I’m 6 foot. Linebacker sized

OLine is a great guess. Maybe TE

Reaction Score
I’m 6 foot. Linebacker sized

OLine is a great guess. Maybe TE
I know they had smaller size lineman in this week for camp. TE maybe I know they need them

Reaction Score
He left St Luke’s in New Canaan and reclassified to 2022 heading into AOF but sure...
Doesn't he have an older brother or cousin at AOF too? The older Soares was previously at St Luke's with my kid too...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Gotta love how liberal people are with the saying a school has "interest" in them. Look at the offers vs interest
Class of 20 DL
6'7" 240
Jackson Memorial Hs, NJ
Collin McCarthy
@collinmac99
Offers:
UConn, UMass, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Bryant
Interest:
Alabama, Va Tech, Rutgers, Penn St, Pitt, Syracuse, and Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics