Multiple commits this morning? | The Boneyard

Multiple commits this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have to be selling some sort of appealing option. Can’t wait to hear it.

Attachments

• 6E313489-DEB1-4394-8691-20663B3843F9.png
    6E313489-DEB1-4394-8691-20663B3843F9.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 234
Reaction Score
Hoping for Cuse, BC, Buffalo, Rutgers and Army to have regular OOC games with us. I’m sure we maybe be near the top of the list for a local OOC opponent. I can’t see us failing at scheduling local teams but the SoCon and Sun Belt games are gunna hurt. I can see us actually winning games and potentially making bowls out of this. I am optimistic!

Reaction Score
Hoping for Cuse, BC, Buffalo, Rutgers and Army to have regular OOC games with us. I’m sure we maybe be near the top of the list for a local OOC opponent. I can’t see us failing at scheduling local teams but the SoCon and Sun Belt games are gunna hurt. I can see us actually winning games and potentially making bowls out of this. I am optimistic!

How do you make bowls without a conference affiliation?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How do you make bowls without a conference affiliation?

I believe you need a little help.

You can get that help from your tv contract provider (i.e., ESPN's bowl guarantee for BYU) or from a specific bowl itself (i.e., the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl...yes that's the real name...for New Mexico State if the MW or SunBelt don't fill it). We might need a regionally interested venue, although the Pinstripe Bowl would be very unlikely due to AAC ties...

Reaction Score
Really, ND ?
Talk about your apples and oranges
When's the last time ND had less than 10,000 fans at a game?
So if we follow the ND model, we get our own national TV deal, work the Play-off to automatically take us if we win 11 games and have schools laying down to schedule us from here till 2035.
Sounds like a plan.

Reaction Score
We have to start somewhere. But ya’ll are asking about bowls when we have won 1 game in a season.
Asking Notre Dame how they do it is no more asinine than worrying about going to bowl games...
We are no closer to the Browndog319 Backyard BBQ Bowl than we are to winning 2 games... so one thing at a time.
However, seeing how independent schools do it and using it as a roadmap isn’t a bad idea. A stupid idea is complaining that we won’t get bowl games now and then bitching when someone points out there are teams that do it.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
ND is not applicable here. They are the ultimate sports leach- they find a conference they can cover all their angles with and leach off of it. Their football program was losing to us and lots of other people and they were worried about bowl tie ins - the big bowls weren't going to stretch to bring them in at that time. Their other sports needed a new home and the ACC was too willing to drop their drawers to get ND.

We are going to blaze a new trail here - it won't be UMASS or New Mexico and it won't be Notre Dame or the service academies.

Reaction Score
ND is not applicable here. They are the ultimate sports leach- they find a conference they can cover all their angles with and leach off of it. Their football program was losing to us and lots of other people and they were worried about bowl tie ins - the big bowls weren't going to stretch to bring them in at that time. Their other sports needed a new home and the ACC was too willing to drop their drawers to get ND.

We are going to blaze a new trail here - it won't be UMASS or New Mexico and it won't be Notre Dame or the service academies.
I’m as big a UConn football fan as anybody but this latest move to the BE is like rearranging chairs on the Titanic.
Let’s face it, we’re doomed.
RIP UConn football.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You get one sponsored. Like Boise did.

Reaction Score
FIRST & FOREMOST...take that conference talk to the other 100 or so threads already discussing it. We're talking about commits in this thread. Stay on task. That extra talk should stay in its pessimistic place.

Glad we got 3 more commits today, 1 2019 and other 2 2020, correct?

Reaction Score
Glad we got 3 more commits today, 1 2019 and other 2 2020, correct?

I think Kenny Soares might be a commit. He has UConn offer pinned to Twitter

By my count - we have (3) unnamed 2020 commits and (1) unnamed 2019 commit outstanding.

Not close - Soares is class of 2022 and he received his first offer today.

Reaction Score
By my count - we have (3) unnamed 2020 commits and (1) unnamed 2019 commit outstanding.

Not close - Soares is class of 2022 and he received his first offer today.
Soares could reclassify if he has enough credits

Reaction Score
Forget Southern, but playing Villanova and James Madison won't be so bad. They're two of the best FCS programs in the country.

Reaction Score

Fair enough. But they have managed to make independence completely lucrative. People have told them for years they couldn’t do it and they said no way even when they were losing.
They might be the best model because we’re telling the AAC no way to the crappy contract that doesn’t benefit us at all and figuring out what works for the majority of our sports teams. If the ND model is selfish aren’t we being a little selfish and isn’t that okay because we’ve been screwed in the last decade by doing it the right way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom