Multi-talented Ines | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Multi-talented Ines

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Her first start, what a relief when the starter Ines showed up rather than the sub-Ines. After a few moments I was able to finally take a deep breath. Ines showed what all the BY posters have been talking about. She showed decent floor court awareness and a surprising understanding of Geno's system. Many things to be excited about in her game play. I must admit there was one aspect of her game that made me cringe, her proclivity to throw most of her passes with one hand, quit a few were weak and off target, something that can be corrected. All in all another win for Geno and the Huskies and a new BY darling.

Reaction Score
Even if she continues to play very well, it's going to be tough for her to get minutes next year behind Paige, Nika, and KK Arnold. I wonder how that will work, unless of course injuries solve the problem before Geno has a chance to do so.
Perhaps she could work on her shooting and be a sub for either Paige, Nika, and possibly Azzi? Or if Geno needs a guard lineup during a game he could sub in Inês and play any combination of guards at the point and/or off the ball? The possibilities seem endless if everyone gets and stays healthy! Shall we tentatively call it an embarrassment of riches?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
No surprise here, either her playing basketball or piano. I was on the record early that I expected Inês to make a meaningful contribution this season. I'm hopeful that she will spell Nika 5-10 minutes in tight games and 10-20 in blowouts. Geno said she's way more athletic than most people realize, and she's acquitted herself pretty well going from the frying pan against Princeton into the fire at Maryland.

Something I haven't seen mentioned specifically is that the chemistry and camaraderie on this team are through the roof, and she didn't disrupt that despite her wicked-late entry to the scene. I think that speaks volumes about both Inês and the rest of the team. Seeing Lou and Inês at the postgame or Paige and Inês during the UMD pregame, those are priceless moments.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's the other rendition that Biff alluded to. Maya also plays the drums. And dunks. She also gets wrongly accused men out of prison.

Reactions: KCD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom