Muffet | The Boneyard

Muffet

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
grinding the axe again. Agreeing with Parker, media bias, ESPN bias. She throws the entire kitchen sink in one breathless answer. She's been dragged on twitter by UConn fans who know and understand the reality of ESPN and UConn athletics (and the Big East), a reality she is clueless about. Love how she throws NBC and Notre Dame in her answer, a silly nod to the decades of media bias shown to her university over the years. ESPN favors TV ratings and clicks and UConnWBB delivers it TV ratings and website clicks. That's why ESPN loves DukeMBB. ESPN acts to benefit ESPN. ESPN has done zip to favor UConn athletics which is especially painful considering the tax breaks it receives for its corporate headquarters.

The Rosa Parks of Women's College Basketball speaks and the mind reels.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yuck. But Fagan has her own axe with ESPN so not surprising she asks these leading questions.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yuck. But Fagan has her own axe with ESPN so not surprising she asks these leading questions.
What's Fagan's history with ESPN?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I downloaded this gif preemptively for whenever this thread got started
tumblr_82a37cf50b33c694275e5507b5b2215d_1217ce99_400.gif

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What's Fagan's history with ESPN?
I think maybe axe is too strong. She left ESPN because she said she could not do more "sports and culture stuff" that she wanted at ESPN. Definitely does not like the ESPN as standard bearer.

Reaction Score

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Muffet, against all odds, repeatedly finds a way to establish a new rock bottom of dishonesty and hypocrisy.

I mean really. She was a great coach—past tense—but she forever tarnished her legacy as a crying quitter. Now her itchy Twitter fingers and Candace Parker are forming an axis of evil for their "We hate Geno" crusade, which by no coincidence is happening just as people are smelling blood in the UConn waters.

Now excuse me while I go retch.

Reaction Score
Do y’all understand that this lady is trying her best to stay relevant??? UCONN has a permanent Air B&B her head!!!! I love it and I’m here for it. Every time she or anyone mentions UCONN, it’s less work for the school when it comes to recruiting. Is she married or have any kids or grandkids to occupy her time???

Reaction Score
Is this all because of Geno's big supposed insult of Muffet during the Louisville presser?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is this all because of Geno's big supposed insult of Muffet during the Louisville presser?
Short answer, no.

Several weeks ago she tweeted a claim that the postponement of the AP poll from Monday to Tuesday was due to pro-UConn media bias. She also posted a bizarre tweet about Paige's injury, purportedly as a joke, but in poor taste.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have to admit of all the loses for the team the most bitter was watching her do the Irish Jig in high heels. She did it well.
On the other hand no respect for the quitter and her lack of respect to opponents.
I think she thought of Geno as a spider. ;)

Reaction Score
I can ignore a lot. Muffet was a great coach, for sure.

But I will never, ever forgive her for not applauding when Stewie won the MOP. I think this was Stewie's junior year.

OK, you want to hate Geno. Be my guest. Geno is an acquired taste. But to be far less than gracious to a student athlete? And to someone as sweet as Stewie? That is baseless and base.

I never think about her. She is not worth it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Short answer, no.

Several weeks ago she tweeted a claim that the postponement of the AP poll from Monday to Tuesday was due to pro-UConn media bias. She also posted a bizarre tweet about Paige's injury, purportedly as a joke, but in poor taste.
Interesting that she throws shade at some of the UConn players as over-rated. As I recall, she recruited several of them.

This is where she’s at now. Truly bizarre.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wasn’t going to bother to listen but after so many posts, I did.

Wow. Muffet comes across as petulant and petty. I guess that’s not surprising, but it’s… sad. I almost feel bad for her… Almost.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I wasn’t going to bother to listen but after so many posts, I did.

Wow. Muffet comes across as petulant and petty. I guess that’s not surprising, but it’s… sad. I almost feel bad for her… Almost.
I'm still holding off. Maybe after breakfast.....maybe.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I almost feel sorry for MM. She is lost right now. Her long and successful tenure at ND ended badly, and I suspect prematurely, including several stunning emotional outbursts. Now, like many of us, she’s sitting at home, constrained and frustrated by a pandemic that seems endless, and she wants to be relevant again.

MM isn’t Andy Landers or Carolyn Peck. She doesn’t have the personality or ability to present a “non-biased” view of WBB, at least not until she is able to get over whatever bitterness she still holds in her heart.

I would also add that in a perverse kind of way, MM is jealous that ND has moved on under Niele Ivey, who’s picked up the pieces of the wreck that MM left her and quickly started to rebuild WBB in South Bend. Maybe she thought that everyone would appreciate her more if ND WBB crashed and burned under her successor.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, I guess that job as a talking head on ESPN is out now, huh? Odd that ESPN didn’t snap her up the second she retired. Andy Landers, Carolyn Peck, LaChina Robinson, all former coaches, have made a pretty good living and gotten a lot of shine for their work. Should be an appealing job for a former coach.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess that job as a talking head on ESPN is out now, huh? Odd that ESPN didn’t snap her up the second she retired. Andy Landers, Carolyn Peck, LaChina Robinson, all former coaches, have made a pretty good living and gotten a lot of shine for their work. Should be an appealing job for a former coach.
she works as an analyst weekly for the ACC network which is owned by Espn

Reaction Score
I don't see the big deal in this interview. She just defending wbb as a whole. Can't tell me there isn't bias with Espn and Uconn, good lord couldn't go a weekly Summers show without Paige "espys, a summer lg game, even when Suggs was drafted they had to bring her on which I just thought was unnecessary and too much." Also at the end of the interview she says "we wanted to be where Uconn is at when we joined the Big East." Also Espn doesn't hate Muffett, she goes on SVP and I see her covering wbb for the Acc network which is owned by Espn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom