Muffet McGraw | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Muffet McGraw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL! Don't think of me as a dork...but Murder, She Wrote is my favorite TV program of all time. Can't get enough Angela Lansbury. That .GIF comes from the episode called "Witness For The Defense", in a scene where she pretends to be something she's not in order to get information.
I wouldn’t dream of such a thing! I love a good GIF and appreciate the backstory behind. My grandmother was a big Murder She Wrote fan.

Reaction Score
I’m the rare UCONN fan that roots for the Irish (not when they are playing UCONN). I admire what coaches do to put a quality team on the floor. Muffet was one of those coaches. I can’t explain why her comments are so negative. Maybe jealousy. Maybe just anger at the world. I’m saddened to see where she has gone. Part of legacy is respect. Mine is starting to shake.

Reaction Score
Dawn knew exactly what she was getting with that interview. She was also on Geno's staff with USA Basketball. Did she defend USA Basketball or no? I'm guessing no. lol

This is all so predictable and tedious. ESPN doesn't even have UConn's media rights anymore.

Geno is right. Muffett must be bored. She's now just repeating herself to anyone who will listen.

I'll also add how very odd this is. Geno and his team are struggling this year. He's just trying to keep them together through the injuries. Yet Muffett keeps saying stuff about Geno and UConn. It's just weird.
Yeah. I watched that interview. I am a huge Coach Dawn Staley fan but some of the stuff in this interview was interesting and made me cringe. From how she felt that her program got overlooked in favor of Oregon and Sabrina Ionescu back in 2019- 2020 season, even though South Carolina was ranked #1 for the majority of the season and she won Coach of the Year honors. That is plenty of attention and respect. Plus, I do not recall Coach Graves going to the media crying about how Oregon got overlooked and how he deserved COY honors.

I also was disappointed in the lack of pushback from Dawn with Muffet's comments on the whole Team USA and how Geno has this sway over the roster and other decisions. I mean, there is a coaching staff and a committee. Hopefully some of them have a backbone to speak up. If not, that is on them not on Geno. Felt like they were just ganging up on Coach Geno.

Then the whole "Grow the Game" comments. Coach Bruno (DePaul) has been a huge champion of Growing the Game of girls and women's basketball, since I worked some of his camps back in the late 90s and early 2000s. Muffet did not even mention his name, so it just shows more proof that she is bitter about Coach Auriemma. She did not even mention the bias towards the Lady Vols for darn near a decade plus. Also, during that whole segment about growing the game, they did not even discuss how during that 19-20 season, South Carolina & Oregon got plenty of coverage on ESPN/ESPN2 but also ESPN's website posted tons of information and articles about SEC WBB throughout the season.

You can tell that I was a little worked up watching that whole interview.

Reaction Score
Murder She Wrote Reaction GIF
Love me some Murder, She Wrote. My mom and I use to watch that show together when I was younger.

Reaction Score
She had a reputation as a successful coach.
Her last 2-3 years ( and her sideline emotional breakdowns) damaged that legacy.
She continues to damage it post sideline career with her sour grapes.
I think her reputation as a successful coach will stand. There will be those that love/like her no matter what. Then there are those, like me, who view her as just being pretty petty. She has a platform now but she is trying to attack an ally (Coach Auriemma) for what? Only she, or her trusted circle, knows for sure.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
LOL! Don't think of me as a dork...but Murder, She Wrote is my favorite TV program of all time. Can't get enough Angela Lansbury. That .GIF comes from the episode called "Witness For The Defense", in a scene where she pretends to be something she's not in order to get information.
Have you seen The Company of Wolves? It's a fantasy movie with her from around the same time. Wonderful!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I also was disappointed in the lack of pushback from Dawn with Muffet's comments on the whole Team USA and how Geno has this sway over the roster and other decisions. I mean, there is a coaching staff and a committee. Hopefully some of them have a backbone to speak up. If not, that is on them not on Geno. Felt like they were just ganging up on Coach Geno.
Except when it comes to Nneka and then all of a sudden the coach has no input on which players are selected. Funny how that works. Not surprised at all by Dawn's lack of push-back.

Reaction Score
if people don't understand Muffett by now no point in trying to tell them. She is a players coach, she will always defend her team/school no matter what what shame is there in that? She to this day thinks Mcbride was the best player that season and Stewart shouldn't have won. I don't feel that way, but if she feels that way why knock her for how she feels? This a coach that wants to see women succeed, isn't that what we want? Want women to get more opportunities especially of color. Notice how she says nothing but positive things about Dawn. If she was threatened by "others success" why would she support her?
What is all this in aid of jchuskie? Defending Muffet? The latter would suggests some truths to what she is saying. Why not think through the whole before putting pen to paper-- you might come to another conclusion, even about Dawn. I will leave Dawn's project in this un-examined because I am uninterested in going to the original source. However, she has aggressively been promoting SC and her team for sometime, and might be willing to pure gasoline into an already opened Muffet's mouth. I don't know what Muffet's project is, she has not been kind to Uconn and GA, although it was Uconn and the BE that made her what she became-- a top coach/recruiter(?) Once she left the BE the Program struggled a bit-- even with recruitment. The latter is a bit strange given ND private status, money, influence and reputation; to this should be added the gold mine of all the Catholic girls/schools in the U.S. But more. What has she done for WBB? I might be wrong about this but, I do not recall her speaking out on gender issues when she had the micro; nor playing underserved schools (historic Blk schools and/or really small colleges begging for a few coins.Were she supportive of the many young women's coaches who may have gained from attending a ND practice. Invitation and dinner with those middleclass Catholic girls at ND? Those were too risky for a woman with ambition and a willingness to abide by her Institution's image One of the things I like about Uconn is that it has not stayed away from giving apportunities to these small players. . Uconn is already in the pac. What more? Is she building women's sport by tearing down from the inside? It would be a lot more productive, coming from a school reeling in private and FB money to question why some of the money isn't distributed according to need and not worth. Why not get ND onboard for such a project Muffet. Muffet is just not bored. She seems to lack the capacity to think broadly about what it would take to push the women game further. Going after Uconn/GA is of the same order as *I will never hire a man at ND'. Muffet bailed out either because it was getting too competitive to stay at the top as a top female dog or, just a selfish woman who bailed out on her sport when she was needed. Poor Muffet. She is still turning Uconn around-and-arouind in her head long after her last game plan for the Huskies. And telling her that the cage door is wide open-- just walk out Muffet-- will not help. The out-there and the in-there are one and the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom