Muffet McGraw AP COY? | The Boneyard

Muffet McGraw AP COY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would think Walz before Muffet.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think Muffet was the right choice -

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agreed on Muffet. Walz had a great run thru the NCAA's, but regular season, L'ville had 8 losses. ND stormed thru their entire schedule (losing only to Baylor), including beating UCONN 3 times, a feat no one predicted (except maybe for Muffet) at the start of the year....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True but with Diggins wouldn't you expect her to produce? The supporting cast are hardly slouches either.

Reaction Score
Voting is done before the tournament. Muffet deserves it. No question. Hell of a job with only one loss to Baylor and lost a lot last year to graduation. Plus, she killed louisville both times they played this year.

Reaction Score

No way.

The vote was done either at the end of the season or before the final 4. The Baylor win was a masterful, stunning game, but I wouldnt give COY based on one game - no matter how amazing it was.

Reaction Score
McGraw without a doubt. She always seems to get the most out of her players. And certainly did this year.

Reaction Score
Let's see. The players you depend on are 3 Freshmen (one of them limited for a good part of the year with a knee injury, the other 2 struggling to deal with the college game for most of the year) , a point gurard with limited moblity, a former AA who is having an off year and tonight you are playing for a NC.

NOBODY HAS DONE A BETTER JOB OF GETTING THE MOST OUT THEIR TEAM THAN GENO. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I hate Notre Dame, and pull against them in everything from football to tiddlywinks! The ONLY reason for my antipathy toward them is that the sports media is so traditionally intoxicated with the "legend" of the place, dating all the way back to Knute Rockne, they're always trying to outdo one another in being the first to anoint them as champs of something or other even if there is no empirical evidence to support such a view...as, for example, Alabama pointed out earlier this year. Having said that, speaking as objectively as I can, I would vote for Muffet in a heartbeat. She puts together scary good teams, and is clearly an unbelievable recruiter, though she is unquestionably assisted in that effort by ND's academic reputation and excellent campus life. C'mon, Boneyarders, she's earned our respect, and we all ought to really hate seeing this special rivalry come to an end.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Muffet deserves COY but if we win tonight this will be a fantastic job by Geno and staff. Maybe one of their best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom