Much Better From Ollie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Much Better From Ollie

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well we are definitely better than last year’s team, so that’s something

Are we though? That team lost some games solely due to an insufficient number of players. But it generally played better than this one. These guys better figure this out. The level of effort and execution the last two games won’t be enough against good teams.

Reaction Score
So for all the Ollie haters ?? Was it great coaching down the stretch or was it JA making great shots ?

It was lower Div 1 opponent in OT. You guys are whistling past the graveyard. I look forward to the day I can join in your enthusiasm, but it's not yet. I am an old timer who went to school with Toby Kimball and this current team looks like the Yankee Conference days.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
He’s right, you’re wrong.

Compared to last year’s team, he has many more options, but he’s calling his own number a lot more than he did last year.

His shots are up by half over last year and his assists are half of what they were last year.

Monmouth’s run in the second half was started when Jalen bailed on team basketball and went into audition-mode on a possession. Took a no-hope shot and then committed a foul on the other end - UConn went into an immediate offensive and defensive tailspin.

His points per game look great - but he’s not playing well.

He’s most certainly not playing well. But he averaged over 6 assists a game last year on a just abysmal team. We need him to be the PH at this point.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Compared to last year’s team, he has many more options, but he’s calling his own number a lot more than he did last year.

His shots are up by half over last year and his assists are half of what they were last year.

Monmouth’s run in the second half was started when Jalen bailed on team basketball and went into audition-mode on a possession. Took a no-hope shot and then committed a foul on the other end - UConn went into an immediate offensive and defensive tailspin.

I said in another thread that in NBA speak Adams is a one or two coach player. I despise the term hero ball, however Adams hasn't figured out how to elevate teammates while still getting his own.

Reaction Score
Ahhh....hmm.

I don’t know.

I agree - he nailed it during the post-game. But he was so slow to recognize that UConn had lost the tread in the second half. If I saw when it happened, he should be able to.

I give him credit for how he handled the front court tonight. I think he’s starting to realize that Diarra, Cobb and Carlton are the way to go - hopefully, he eventually realizes that DO is just a practice body.
DO needs to be kept in glass that is only broken in case of an emergency. Possibly the worst scholarship player I’ve ever seen in a UConn uniform. I think Carlton and Diarra have to play as many minutes as possible, with Cobb getting limited minutes. There will be growing pains for sure but there’s actually an upside with them and they need the development if this team has any March aspirations.

Reaction Score
Well we are definitely better than last year’s team, so that’s something

On what grounds? Going to OT instead of losing to cup cake mid majors? We are closer to last years team than any team that made the NCAA tournament last year

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
DO needs to be kept in glass that is only broken in case of an emergency.

That is exactly how I described him when I was watching the game earlier.

Sounds like a great kid...but I just don’t know what he can do out there other than send people to the free throw line.

Reaction Score

OK so we're going to take one possession from a game where he shot 13 of 22 from the field, scored 31 points, and recorded four assists against just one turnover and say "he's not playing well?"

He hasn't been great this season, but his problem has been shooting the ball more than anything. The entire offense is basically one on one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom