OT: - MSU Alum Adreian Payne Dies | The Boneyard

OT: MSU Alum Adreian Payne Dies

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Very sad to hear this news. Payne was the leader and arguably the best player on Michigan State's 2014 team. Will never forget matching up against him at the Garden. RIP.

Reaction Score
Horrible. I greatly enjoyed beating him/them but that story with his young fan was really beautiful.

Reaction Score
Horrible. I greatly enjoyed beating him/them but that story with his young fan was really beautiful.
That young fan was a cancer patient that he befriended. She was crying after UConn beat MSU. Instead of thinking of MSU losing I only think of that game in terms UConn triumphantly winning at MSG.

This is horrible and sad news.

Reaction Score
I recently watched his post game interview after losing. It was heartbreaking as he blamed himself. RIp to a great baller.
I don’t know why they interview the kids from the losing team that always struck me as cruel .The coaches comments are different except Calipari who didn’t have a clue.
The best post game interview is from Florida’s Billy Donavan a HOF coach in my opinion. He was asked the difference between early season UConn and I thought his remarks were spot on .
Individualmy not so much as they knew our guards were good but somewhere between the first game and the second a huge leap in team defense occurred .
His great guards couldn’t get into the lane to run their offense. it was that same smothering defense that caused MSU to completely break down and have so many turnovers and Payne to blame himself.
As a student of basketball I laugh at the dismissal of that team . They could shoot the three as well as any of our teams plus played lock down D and shot FT at 90% as a bonus. That’s a pretty good formula for success.

Reaction Score
Sad news.

Bizarre the shooter did not leave the scene. I wonder what the circumstances are. Not fleeing the scene suggest regret.

Reactions: THC

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Sad to hear. I remember him distinctly waving to the MSG crowd to get loud, but the announcer said he doesn't realize it's a huge UConn crowd.

Reaction Score
Really stinks about Payne. Remember thinking what a great guy when I read about the story about the girl. So little respect for life in today’s world. No matter what stage of life there is not enough respect.

Reaction Score
Uggh, this makes it sadder and more senseless. Sounds like Payne and his girlfriend were just trying to mediate / stop a domestic dispute for a friend. Guy first tried to say Payne threatened him with a gun, then went with Payne’s size intimidated him (but he was able to disengage and go get his gun).

Ex-MSU star Payne shot trying to prevent dispute

Sad news, kid trying to help out and this guy lost his mind.

Reaction Score
Uggh, this makes it sadder and more senseless. Sounds like Payne and his girlfriend were just trying to mediate / stop a domestic dispute for a friend. Guy first tried to say Payne threatened him with a gun, then went with Payne’s size intimidated him (but he was able to disengage and go get his gun).

Ex-MSU star Payne shot trying to prevent dispute

If I'm not mistaken, 2nd degree is usually a minimum of 15 years and up to life. Lying like this fool... I hope they throw the book at him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom