MSST full house | The Boneyard

MSST full house

Reaction Score
MSST playing raging Cajuns, looks like mismatch but it is a sell out!

Reaction Score
Miss State starts the game up 20-0 before LA finally scores

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Belmont took a one-point lead briefly but then Tennessee reasserted itself with a 5-0 run to take a 70-66 lead.

And the orange crowd goes wild! They might beat Belmont, y'all!

Reaction Score
M. Taylor playing pretty well when she is under control. She continues to get more minutes as the season is going. Her court awareness is improving.

Does anyone know why she redshirted year one?

Reaction Score
Massey ratings: Miss State #3 Louisiana #297

Awesome match-up for the fans.
Not much for matchup but love the fan turn out, imagine a UCONN MSST game would have standing room only and fans scraping for seats. I for one want to see more competitive games.

Reaction Score
M. Taylor playing pretty well when she is under control. She continues to get more minutes as the season is going. Her court awareness is improving.

Does anyone know why she redshirted year one?
Morgan and Jazz!

Reaction Score
Massey ratings: Miss State #3 Louisiana #297

Awesome match-up for the fans.
It's embarrassing MSU plays such a week schedule. The end of season results they have had the last two seasons is better than everyone except the two champs. But now that thyey have been elite, they need to schedule harder

Reaction Score
It's embarrassing MSU plays such a week schedule. The end of season results they have had the last two seasons is better than everyone except the two champs. But now that thyey have been elite, they need to schedule harder
Agree, Vic said in a presser it was hard to schedule top level competition because no one wants to play MSST at home. My thoughts, at least schedule power 5 teams.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Agree, Vic said in a presser it was hard to schedule top level competition because no one wants to play MSST at home. My thoughts, at least schedule power 5 teams.

That's misleading. Top level teams will play MSST at home as part of a home and home series. That's not what Vic wants. He wants a bunch of home games that do not involve agreeing to play a team at its home arena. The result is a schedule that includes home games against really bad basketball teams.

Reaction Score
Texas, Washington, Oregon, and Marquette were all home and home series. What MSST needs is UCONN, ND, Baylor, and/or Stanford home and home series. For some reason those games just do not appear imminent although from fan’s viewpoint those would be great matchups.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
This game has been very popular lately. This Dec 30th/31st game. Regardless of who we play. Was popular last year, and got about 10,000 this year. Our men's game vs BYU yesterday was also probably the highest attended of the year.

Reaction Score

I kind of don't believe that. It doesn't make much sense. I would like to see another top 10 matchup in the offseason and maybe, instead of sub 200-300 team, some 100 teams.

It is possible he thought Washington and Virginia would be better.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
How about some P5's on the road then? I'm sure that wouldn't be so hard.

Reaction Score

I'm sure that UConn would accept such an invitation and agree to a home and home series. Try harder.

Reaction Score
UConn plays just 7 games a year at Gampel. If Miss. St. wants more top competition they will have to leave campus once in a while like the Huskies.

Reaction Score
UConn plays just 7 games a year at Gampel. If Miss. St. wants more top competition they will have to leave campus once in a while like the Huskies.

I am ready for the MSU/UConn series. But maybe in 2 years because we'll probably drop off a bit next year with our youth. I actually would like to see us play Baylor because there are a lot of State alums in Dallas. It would be a good crowd.

Reaction Score
I am ready for the MSU/UConn series. But maybe in 2 years because we'll probably drop off a bit next year with our youth. I actually would like to see us play Baylor because there are a lot of State alums in Dallas. It would be a good crowd.
Do you really see a drop off next year? We have a lot coming back and some new comers that should help a lot.

Reaction Score
Do you really see a drop off next year? We have a lot coming back and some new comers that should help a lot.

I think MSU will still be very good next year but replacing Howard and McCowan, and even Danberry will be a tall order. Rebuilding in the post will take some time, losing major contributors from this senior class doesn't just get replaced over night, it has to be rebuilt and developed. That said MSU has a great incoming class. Rickea Jackson should be a day one contributor. I know Vic and the other coaches are ridiculously high on that guard from Maryland, Aliyah Matharu because she is a pure shooter and can score from all levels on the court. Taylor Promise should be another good one and should be one of the starters in the post.

The development of AEH, Wiggins, Taylor and Carter will be key down the stretch for the future. There is talent there and coming but its inexperienced and still in the process of developing.

And who knows if Vic goes after another transfer.

Reaction Score

If you are ready, then you will schedule the game. Now. UConn doesn't work its schedule around when it thinks it can beat a team. Don't be like Baylor and only schedule tough games when you think you have a good chance to win. WCBB already has too many coaches like Kim and Brenda and Joanne who avoid scheduling games that they might lose. Vic doesn't need to join that crowd.

Reaction Score

I don't think we will be top 10 because of our youth. We won't have any seniors and only two juniors (Bibby and AEH). At PG, we will have Taylor and Matharu coming in. Vic and the staff have done an excellent job developing PGs, so I feel they will be great players for us. Taylor is just still adjusting.

A lot of our players coming up have high ceilings, but it takes time to develop them. I'm excited about the class coming in too. I just don't see us being more than a Sweet 16 team next year, but things change. Maybe I'm wrong. Now, the years after that, I think we'll be right back in the hunt for the national championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom