Mr. Oriakhi at it again | The Boneyard

Mr. Oriakhi at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Alex. Usually it's the son embarrassing the father with immature comments/ actions. In this case, it's the reverse.

U

UCONNfan1

You know, I think the father is an ass, and while the conclusion of his rant at UCONN may be incorrect, his specifics are mostly correct.

"UCONN went under water (the men's program went thru a big time rough patch), no NCAA tournament (correct), none <sic> big east (correct). Go attack Calhoun who screwed up the program and left"...

Well... I would argue Calhoun did not "screw up the program". But obviously the bad patch is partly his responsibility, and after all, Calhoun did leave. However, I don't think anyone (except maybe Oriakhi Sr's wife) would agree that JC left with his tail between his legs (or was run out of town)... which is what Oriaki Sr. incorrectly seems to imply...

Still, as much as I want to root for any kid who was once at UCONN, I seriously hope Alex has a year. Sorry kid - but your dad makes you look really bad (well, that and the fact that IMHO Alex skulked away and was a bit of a )...

Reaction Score
This guy is a total embarrassment..........pretty much like his son's game last year!! I don't feel sorry for Alex because if he wanted he would stop him.......

Reaction Score
I guess if someone publicly called my son a coward I would try to keep my cool.

I understand what you are saying. But as an athlete you are in the public eye. Things both positive, and negative are going to be said and written about you. You need to try and take it like a man. You have to do your best to not let it affect you. If my son went on twitter and called his coach an idiot (in another language), I'd tell the coach to keep him on the bench and tell my son to grow up. Unfortunately, it seems apparent that both Oriakhi's need to grow the up.

Reaction Score
I guess if someone publicly called my son a coward I would try to keep my cool.

I know if I was a grown up or had an ounce of maturity I would not embarrass my son on Twitter or Facebook or anything like that no matter what I thought of the situation.............and no one called him a coward anyway, they said he basically quit, he did face it.....he was selfish deserved what he got now live with it.....If my son didn't agree with me he would ask me to stop too, obviously the Mizzou PF agrees and is proud of dad!!

Reaction Score
I know if I was a grown up or had an ounce of maturity I would not embarrass my son on Twitter or Facebook or anything like that no matter what I thought of the situation.............and no one called him a coward anyway, they said he basically quit, he did face it.....he was selfish deserved what he got now live with it.....If my son didn't agree with me he would ask me to stop too, obviously the Mizzou PF agrees and is proud of dad!!

Seriously, if I was Jr. I'd tell dad to shut up. "You're not helping me, you're embarrassing me. I can be a man and fight my own battles. This is my life."
It seems obvious that Sr. is living vicariously through Jr. Maybe son is his ticket to fame and fortune. Hey, AO Sr., tell your son to work hard and grow up if you want that meal ticket.

Reaction Score
Oriakhi Sr. is just bitter that he won't be making a ton of money from the play of his son. His son turned out to be a solid college player but not what he hoped. So now he blames everyone else, rather than accepting what his son does on the court. Very sad.

Reaction Score
Without Calhoun this kid would be nothing. Him and his father are traders if he was a true husky he would have stayed threw these hard times like the players on this team.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
So tempted to fix this...
Seriously. How many times do we have to see it written improperly before everyone realizes it's spelled Huskie

Reaction Score
Everyone in my area is excited about this new store opening, TraitorJoe's. is it any good?

mets1090

Reaction Score
Eh. I once through up after eating some food from there.

Reaction Score
Seriously. How many times do we have to see it written improperly before everyone realizes it's spelled Huskie
You're being a bit douchie here. Did I spell that right?

mets1090

Reaction Score
You're being a bit douchie here. Did I spell that right?
The subject of the joke liked my other post - I think (s)he gets I wasn't being serious.

Reaction Score
"jim calhoun screwed up the program"?!!! is this dooshbag serious? jim calhoun was the program!!! im going to get a good laugh in about 5 years when i see AO bagging groceries somewhere. ill make sure to ask about his dad.

Reaction Score
You know, I think the father is an ass, and while the conclusion of his rant at UCONN may be incorrect, his specifics are mostly correct.

"UCONN went under water (the men's program went thru a big time rough patch), no NCAA tournament (correct), none <sic> big east (correct). Go attack Calhoun who screwed up the program and left"...

Under water being code for winning a national championship a short while ago?

If that's the case, then I say DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!

6634-9042.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak