Movin forward through our Murderers Row schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Movin forward through our Murderers Row schedule

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
You have to take it one game at a time. I know it's a worn out phrase, but it is true. Ask anyone who has coached at any level in any sport.

The best any of us can do is read about our opponents, check the box scores and then root for UConn. I don't care how many 3's we make. Doesn't mean you will win. Defense, fast breaks, guards driving the lane, mid range jumpers will win games more often than not. Make our opponents guard all five players at every spot on the court.

Reaction Score
Some say that if Stanford beats SC, even by 2 points, Stanford will be NO.1. But,if SC beats Stanford By 2 points, Stanford will still be No.2. SC would have to beat Stanford by 10 points or better for Stanford to drop in the polls. Uconn is like watching your family growing as they go forward in life,every day getting better, more accomplished, more confident and believing in themselves. I'm loving what's ahead for this team as the season progresses. NCAA title No.12 is in our future. GO HUSKIES!!!
I hope so, but let's take it one game at a time

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
But who replaces ONO, CW and E?
IMO:
Ono -> Dorka Not as great a shot blocker but more physical and better finisher at the rim and rebounder
CW -> Lou, able to score like CW not as good a defender yet but brings added length
E -> Caroline, if healthy all year
and let me interject Aubrey Griffin -> there was no one like her last year

Reaction Score
with the ”murders row schedule” i am afraid we will find out just how important ONOs defense was. i can’t remember a post player having a field day with UConn while ONO was an upperclassman. don’t get me wrong, dorka is definitely an upgrade on the offensive end. i just think we are in for a challenge with the interior defense, especially not having depth on the bench after injuries. go UConn!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yes, Olivia is a better rim protector than Dorka. But does anyone remember all the complaints about the porous perimeter and midrange defense last year? It’s quite possible that this year’s team will give up fewer paint points by virtue of better team defense. Remember Geno’s words, “Most people have no idea how much we missed Aubrey last year.”

Reaction Score
The area where we fall short of SC and Stanford is depth in the frontcourt.
SC- Has
At the 5- Boston and Cardosa sometimes play them both.
At the 4- Cardosa, Saxton, Amihere, Feagin and Watkins
At the 3- Beal, Amihere and Feagin
Stanford Has
At the 5- Brink and Betts, Beilibi
At the 4- Ifaren, Beilibi, Prechtel
At the 3- Jones
UConn Has
At the 5- Dorka, Edwards, Deberry
At the 4 Edwards, Patterson, Griffin
At the 3 DeCharme, Sanchez, Griffin

We need for Deberry to get minutes for depth. If Dorka or Edwards get injured or get into foul trouble we are in trouble. It is one of the keys to us going all the way. We are tough and well coached and the past couple of years we have had some good barn burners against these teams. I can't wait for the next ones.

Reaction Score
It's way too early to be obsessing about rankings. But if UCONN beats NC State, would they jump to #2 over tomorrow's Stanford/ South Carolina loser? Beating two top 10 teams in one week might earn the Huskies the #2 ranking.

Reaction Score
Texas lost to Marquette today. I guess they didn’t learn as much from our game as they’d hoped.

Reaction Score
Texas lost to Marquette today. I guess they didn’t learn as much from our game as they’d hoped.
Marquette turned it over 23 times, shot 36% and still won by 7. They are dangerous with one of the best coaches in the country in Duffy.

Reaction Score
It seems everyone is having a tough time with their schedule. Trouble in Paradise for two top 10's today. #6 Louisville lost to Gonzaga in OT 79-67, While Texas lost for the second time this week. Tomorrow the # 1 or # 2 will have a loss

Reaction Score
Marquette turned it over 23 times, shot 36% and still won by 7. They are dangerous with one of the best coaches in the country in Duffy.
The Big East will not be a cakewalk for us this year. Geno will have to let DeBerry and Bettencourt play otherwise we will burn out playing starters 35minutes plus each game.

Reaction Score
with the ”murders row schedule” i am afraid we will find out just how important ONOs defense was. i can’t remember a post player having a field day with UConn while ONO was an upperclassman. don’t get me wrong, dorka is definitely an upgrade on the offensive end. i just think we are in for a challenge with the interior defense, especially not having depth on the bench after injuries. go UConn!!
What about Boston in the championship game?

Reaction Score
What about Boston in the championship game?
boston had 11 points. 5 of those were free throws so really only 3 FGs and she was 3-8 in FGs. that is not “a field day” to me. is it to you? ONO has always held her own on the defensive end against great post players. the offensive end is another story.

we’re actually really lucky taylor jones sat out most of 4th quarter for texas because she was having a field day, very efficient FGs.

Reaction Score
It seems everyone is having a tough time with their schedule. Trouble in Paradise for two top 10's today. #6 Louisville lost to Gonzaga in OT 79-67, While Texas lost for the second time this week. Tomorrow the # 1 or # 2 will have a loss
And it looks like Tennessee is struggling against UCLA, down by 10 at the half. It's a real Bermuda Triangle down there in the Bahamas this year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
And it looks like Tennessee is struggling against UCLA, down by 10 at the half. It's a real Bermuda Triangle down there in the Bahamas this year.
And that is with Horston playing for the Vols.

Reaction Score
Last Monday's AP poll hade 23 of 25 teams undefeated.
By 5:00 pm eastern time either #1 or #2 will have a loss.
Same for #5 or #10.
#3 Texas lost 2 times
#4 Iowa lost once
#6 Louisville lost once
Half of the top 10 lost a game the second week, Three of the loses to unranked opponents
#16 Oklahoma lost to # 25 Utah
#22 Nebraska lost to unranked giant slayer Drake.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Some of you have to let go of the ONO, Williams, Evina narrative. I mean really!! How many times did both Liv and Christyn get hammered on this board for not scoring or rebounding or something else over 4 years.

No - Geno doesn't have to play Amari if she doesn't meet expectations. You earn your game minutes in practice. That will not change.

And one more - the narrative of the starters playing too many minutes is bunk. Go look at the box scores of the top teams in close games.

Today's game proved we are one the top 3 programs in the country.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What would be the end of the rainbow would be if Paige decides to stay on for her last year. With the new rules on endorsements, it just might be more profitable (and a helluva lot more fun) to play two years with Azzi. I would imagine that it all depends on how things shake our next year. One can hope. To have the two of them on the floor together...!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom