OT: - Movies that you will watch over and over | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Movies that you will watch over and over

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
At the top of my list is Casablanca. I have it on DVD. I’ve seen it start to end at least 15-20 times. I never tire of watching it.
El Dorado - western John Wayne
The Mark of Zorro - 1940 with Tyrone Power
Fort Dobbs - western Clint Walker
The Outlaw Josie Wales - western Clint Eastwood
Ice Station Zebra 1968 Rock Hudson

Reaction Score
I started to make a list, but once I hit 45 titles, I decided to stop. And contrary to what Bone Dog says, it is quite possible to watch favorite movies over and over, and many of my favorites play when I go to sleep (especially ones with good music).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I watch the Jennifer Ehle/Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice every year. Best dramatization ever. Beyond that:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Life of Brian
To Have and Have Not
Holiday
The Santa Clause
Better off Dead
The Bank Dick
North by Northwest
Sense and Sensibility (Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant)

Reaction Score
Great Expectations-(David Lean version)
Shane
7 Samuri
The Best Years of Our Lives
Once Upon a Time in The West
To Catch a Thief(Hitchcock)
Dodsworth
Treasure of Sierra Madre
Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon
Lawrence of Arabia
Day of the Jackal(1973)
Stagecoach(1939)
Captain Blood
The Searchers
Jaws
Sullivan's Travels
Ride Lonesome
Some Like it Hot
Jeremiah Johnson
Northwest Passage(not that it's such a great movie, but being a fan of Tracy, love the moment when Walter Brennan, after being sent away by Tracy, says " Yes Major, but I'd hate to be a man who's always right as you..." and Tracy, with that world weary look replies "I'm not a man now private, I'm a soldier in command of men. Perhaps if you ever meet me when I'm just a man..., you might want to take a little pity..."
Gets me every time.
(and many, many more...)

Reaction Score
At the top of my list is Casablanca. I have it on DVD. I’ve seen it start to end at least 15-20 times. I never tire of watching it.
El Dorado - western John Wayne
The Mark of Zorro - 1940 with Tyrone Power
Fort Dobbs - western Clint Walker
The Outlaw Josie Wales - western Clint Eastwood
Ice Station Zebra 1968 Rock Hudson
“Endeavor to persevere.”

Reaction Score
Singin' in the Rain with Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelly and Donald O Connor. The BEST feel good movie ever made. Shane with Alan Ladd, the best Western ever made. The Adventures of Robinhood, with Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone. My all time favorite adventure film. I Love almost all Musicals made. I only watch feel good movies as I want to enjoy what I'm watchind.

Reaction Score
Singin' in the Rain with Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelly and Donald O Connor. The BEST feel good movie ever made. Shane with Alan Ladd, the best Western ever made. The Adventures of Robinhood, with Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone. My all time favorite adventure film. I Love almost all Musicals made. I only watch feel good movies as I want to enjoy what I'm watchind.
I have been collecting movies on my VCR and I have over 5000 movies on tape that took 36 years to collect. I have all of Fred Astaire's, all of Errol Flynn's, all of Elvis Presley's all of Tyrone Power's,All 96 Episodes of Remington Steele, from TV. I also have over 200 Uconn women's BB games on tape. And so many more. Above in my last post I meant to say "what I'm watching" GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Pulp Fiction (watched about 40 times after learning about Tarantino's "Easter eggs")
11:14 (watched about 25 times to plot the chronology)
The Pelican Brief (my go-to favorite)
Knight and Day (absolutely perfect romantic-comedy-action movie)
Arlington Road (greatest movie ending ever)
Like for The Pelican Brief. Also The Rainmaker, The Firm, and The Client.

Reaction Score
Most of the one's above are favorites of mine!
I am a huge movies fan and have approximately 1,500+ in my collection!
The problem is most are on video and have spoiled through the years!
I have 500+ DVD's and watch over and over in my retirement and bad health!
I'll name some not named above: In no real order:
Sahara with Humphrey Bogart (WWII tank)
A Walk In The Sun with Dana Andrews
Von Ryan's Express with Frank Sinatra
Witness with Harrison Ford
When Harry Met Sally Billy Chrystal & Meg Ryan
Vision Quest with Matthew Modine
Valkyrie with Tom Cruise
Sands of Iowa Jima with John Wayne
Speed with Keanu Reeves & Sandra Bullock
Sixth Sense with Bruce Willis & Haley Joel Osment
Say Anything with John Cusack
Trouble with the Curve with Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake
The Vikings with Kirk Douglas & Tony Curtis
To Kill A Mockingbird with Gregory Peck
2001 with Keir Dullea & Gary Lockwood
All About Eve with Bette Davis
The Young Lions with Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, Dean Martin
Summer of '42 with Gary Grimes &Jennifer O'Neill
Yankee Doodle Dandy with James Cagney
Love Actually with a lot of stars
Klute with Jane Fonda & Donald Sutherland
The Longest Day with hundreds of stars
Lady Sings the blues with Diana Ross
The Man That Shot Liberty Valance with James Stewart, John Wayne
Marathon Man with Dustin Hoffman, Laurence Olivier, Roy Scheider
The Martian with Matt Damon
Gunga Din with Cary Grant, Victor McLaglen, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr, & Sam Jaffe
Going My Way with Bing Crosby
Gardens of Stone with James Caan & Anjelica Huston
The Bridge at Remagen with George Segal, Robert Vaughn, Ben Gazzara
A Bridge too Far with hundreds of stars

You shouldn't get me started on movies!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Shane and Red River were my father’s two favorite westerns. He told me he would watch them anytime they were shown on TV. He loved westerns, and passed on that love to me. That’s why I’m familier with most western TV series in the 50s. We only had one TV. During the evenings, it was usually on a horse opera. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When I was stationed aboard a submarine, we took over a 100 films on patrol with us. Some of the films were shown constantly it seemed. I remember watching Walking Tall (the original) at least 20 times and Live and Let Die a similar amount of times.
After the Navy, I watched, and will still watch, The Hunt For Red October multiple times.
We had Iron Eagle....over and over and over. Never watched it since.

Yea, I've watched The Hunt for Red October and Crimson Tide many times over.

Reaction Score
Off the beaten path perhaps, but not for me —
Kubrick’s “Barry Lyndon”

Attachments

• 1682946311282.jpeg
    1682946311282.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 48
Reaction Score

Singin' in the Rain is my favorite movie musical. Funny, I recently watched The Adventures of Robin Hood on TCM (I've seen it many times), and at the time mentioned to my wife that it is probably my favorite adventure movie.

Reaction Score
There's a ton, but my top 20 are:

20: The Natural
19: Sleepless In Seattle
18: Role Models
17: Up
16: Galaxy Quest
15: A Quiet Place
14: Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade
13: Rock IV
12: Braveheart
11: Good Will Hunting
10: Maverick
9: Tommy Boy
8: Jaws
7: Avengers: Endgame
6: Alien
5: Young Frankenstein
4: L.A. Confidential
3: Die Hard
2: A Few Good Men
1: Gladiator

"Are you not entertained?"

Even my top 20 list is pretty fluid. Tomorrow, I could be in more of sci-fi mood and have "Super 8", "Close Encounters or "Live, Die, Repeat: The Edge of Tomorrow" on there. Or I might be in a sports mood with "Hoosiers", "Cinderella Man" or "Diggstown". on the list.

Reaction Score
Shane and Red River were my father’s two favorite westerns. He told me he would watch them anytime they were shown on TV. He loved westerns, and passed on that love to me. That’s why I’m familier with most western TV series in the 50s. We only had one TV. During the evenings, it was usually on a horse opera. :cool:

My wife is a huge fan of westerns, so I've seen a bunch of them over and over again. Red River is one of my favorite westerns.

Reaction Score
Many great selections offered up. If I was limited to only watching one film for the rest of my life, it would have to The Last of the Mohicans with Daniel Day-Lewis and Madeline Stowe. Wes Studi as Magua was the perfect antagonist. I love Michael Mann as a director. I was torn between this classic and Heat.

Reaction Score
OMG seeing these lists remind me of other favorites I always watch when I see they're on TV:

When Harry Met Sally (my favorite rom com)
Apollo 13 (I'm a space geek I can't believe I didn't include this on my first list!!!
Revenge of the Nerds ( I love a good underdog who triumphs in the end story)
Top Gun (the flight scenes & the beach volleyball scene ;) )
Bull Durham (best baseball movie ever)

Reaction Score
OMG seeing these lists remind me of other favorites I always watch when I see they're on TV:

When Harry Met Sally (my favorite rom com)
Apollo 13 (I'm a space geek I can't believe I didn't include this on my first list!!!
Revenge of the Nerds ( I love a good underdog who triumphs in the end story)
Top Gun (the flight scenes & the beach volleyball scene ;) )
Bull Durham (best baseball movie ever)

My two favorite baseball movies are Bull Durham and Field of Dreams, both are wonderful. As with any movie that I might mention in this thread, I have seen them many times.

Reaction Score
Singin' in the Rain is my favorite movie musical. Funny, I recently watched The Adventures of Robin Hood on TCM (I've seen it many times), and at the time mentioned to my wife that it is probably my favorite adventure movie.
The Music Man is my favorite musical (the Sound of Music is a close 2nd). Robert Preston and Shirley Jones are just fantastic, the music is glorious too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom