OT: - Movies that you will watch over and over | The Boneyard

OT: Movies that you will watch over and over

Reaction Score
I rarely watch TV except for UConn Basketball and Survivor. Try and not to miss a game or the show. When bored its Netflix and Disney + if my granddaughters are here visiting. If nothing suits me then I will channel surf for a movie to watch. I believe that this topic was an OT once before. What movie (s) have you watched over and over. I will list five of mine.

1) The Shawshank Redemption - Just an awesome movie.
2) The Godfather - Reminds me of my family except for the crime
3) Remember the Titans - Awesome true story
4) The Blindside - Great story and I watched this NFL Draft
5) The Replacements - Watching the team sing "I will survive" while in jail is worth the watch.

I can go on and on. Tere are plenty more but I mentioned five.

Reaction Score
Legally Blond
Revenge of the Nerds
Country Wedding (Hallmark Movie)
Little Bird

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
  • Princess Bride
  • Forrest Gump
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • Back To The Future (because it's always on)
  • It's a Wonderful Life/Miracle on 34th Street/Love Actually/A Christmas Story (every Christmas)
  • The Big Lebowski
Basically ones you can quote.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Easy one for me - Mulholland Drive. Have the DVD, and will pop it in for a scene or two. Have seen it from beginning to end probably 5-7 times.

David Lynch at his best, Naomi Watts as well.

Nonlinear, perplexing, enchanting, heartbreaking. Some will throw their hands up and move on after 15 minutes, others (like me) are pulled in.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
When I was stationed aboard a submarine, we took over a 100 films on patrol with us. Some of the films were shown constantly it seemed. I remember watching Walking Tall (the original) at least 20 times and Live and Let Die a similar amount of times.
After the Navy, I watched, and will still watch, The Hunt For Red October multiple times.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Easy one for me - Mulholland Drive. Have the DVD, and will pop it in for a scene or two. Have seen it from beginning to end probably 5-7 times.

David Lynch at his best, Naomi Watts as well.

Nonlinear, perplexing, enchanting, heartbreaking. Some will throw their hands up and move on after 15 minutes, others (like me) are pulled in.
Permit me to recommend a movie for you and others - MULHOLLAND FALLS. It has nothing in common with your pick, other than the Title, but man this is an underrated flick. Nick Nolte at the top of his game, and an all star cast. Period piece, reminds me of CHINATOWN, another movie you might like. Watch the trailer

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Shawshank Redemption, Field of Dreams, The Replacements, Legally Blonde, Few Good Men, Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Bourne movies, and a whole lot of them listed above, lol.

And lately? Cannot stop watching any of the John Wick movies.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
1. A Few Good Men
2. The Wizard of Oz
3. The Sound of Music
4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
5. Adventures in Babysitting

Yes, I'm all over the place
Wow, "Adventure in Babysitting", a long time ago, but that's the movie that made me fall in love with Elizabeth Shue.
"The Hunt for Red October"
"Secretariet"

Reaction Score
Funny Girl with Barbra Streisand.

1361123F-3850-40B8-A181-CABC2A77CFE9.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members