OT: - Movie Trivia - Vigilantes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Movie Trivia - Vigilantes

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Billy Jack, Born Losers, and a couple other Billy Jack movies. Tom Laughlin. He was fairly young though 36 with Born Losers and 40 with Billy Jack. Finished the other Billy Jack movies by 45 or so.

Reaction Score
Surprised no one has mentioned Dirty Harry yet. I think the first predated DW and iirc DH came out in 1971. And yes, I know DH was a cop but he sure seemed to bend the rules to shoot the bad guys.

As to Clint Eastwood, he was up there when he did Unforgiven which to me was a vigilante (albeit hired).
I would think Charles Bronson as the Harmonica man would qualify ..... Once Upon a Time in the West

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Did anyone see Gregory Peck in "The Bravados"? Nice twist at the end .

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
No mention of Tom Cruise who made two Jack Reacher movies? He was a "young" 54 when he made the second one, "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back."

I'm beginning to think Boneyarders don't watch this genre of movies. There are so many.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'll take a very generous interpretation of the word vigilante and nominate Sharon Stone in The Quick and the Dead. She wasn't a true vigilante, but she was out for vigilante justice.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has mentioned Michael C. Hall as Dexter. For those who haven't watched this series, here's the description:

"By day, mild-mannered Dexter is a blood-spatter analyst for the Miami police. But at night, he is a serial killer who only targets other murderers."

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned Clint Eastwood. The Outlaw Josey Wales and Gran Torino fit the bill.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned Clint Eastwood. The Outlaw Josey Wales and Gran Torino fit the bill.
I thought about Gran Torino, but I wasn’t sure if… the ending fits the bill.

It’s a very good movie, for those who haven’t seen it. I highly recommend it.

Reaction Score
One more with a post apocalyptic Denzel disposing of the bad guys: The Book of Eli.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
So, who's the most unlikely vigilante. If you guessed Katie Holmes, you win.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Three westerns (there are many) that come to mind are: All 3 protagonists had family members murdered.
  • "The Bravados" (1958) starring Gregory Peck.
  • "Chato's Land" (1972) starring Charles Bronson.
  • "The Outlaw Josey Wales" (1976) starring Clint Eastwood.

Reaction Score
When in doubt, stick with the namesake.

Vigilante with Fred "The Hammer" Williamson, who had his own little cottage industry playing that type role.

Fred was 44 when he made Vigilante in 1982 and has made a dozen or more since, including a few "announced" for production. At 83 now, his latest to be announced -- "Smith and Wesson," which I am guessing isn't a recipe flick about oily fish sticks.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Jane Fonda in "Cat Ballou".
Ah, "Cat Ballou" one of my favorites spoofs;
it's bookend "Barbarella", couldn't stand it.
She looked great in both though.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
that i've actually seen? 2 come to mind.
'broadway to cheyenne' 1932. honest nyc cop gets it from badguys, goes home to cheyenne to heal up. amazingly, the bad guys also go there to hide out. even more amazingly, and by coincidence, after starting a local extortion racket, the bad guys shoot the cop's pop. now, he gets really mad.
free cable!
Broadway to Cheyenne : Trem Carr : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
ur welcome.

'fists of fury' 1972. ol bruce finds out that master ho was murdered and did not die a natural death as advertised. he too, gets really mad.
with 2, u also get free cable eggroll!
Watch Fist of Fury (1972) - Free Movies | Tubi (tubitv.com)
ur welcome.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Twenty-five years ago, I saw the ultimate revenge movie, 'Bandit Queen'. The movie is the true story of a woman in India who was molested and raped by a whole village. When she later becomes a gang leader, she returns to the village and kills most of the men that attacked her. The movie was controversial and quite violent, especially in depicting the treatment of women and people of a lower caste. The movie ends with her surrender to authorities, but it is noted that she was acquitted of all charges. In reality, she had become a folk hero of the poor in India and, when she was arrested there was a massive outcry in her defense and she was acquitted of 48 charges of kidnapping, banditry and murder. Phoolan Devi, the bandit queen, was elected twice to parliament after her acquittal. Unfortunately she was assassinated in 2001, in revenge for her murders of villagers.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Twenty-five years ago, I saw the ultimate revenge movie, 'Bandit Queen'. The movie is the true story of a woman in India who was molested and raped by a whole village. When she later becomes a gang leader, she returns to the village and kills most of the men that attacked her. The movie was controversial and quite violent, especially in depicting the treatment of women and people of a lower caste. The movie ends with her surrender to authorities, but it is noted that she was acquitted of all charges. In reality, she had become a folk hero of the poor in India and, when she was arrested there was a massive outcry in her defense and she was acquitted of 48 charges of kidnapping, banditry and murder. Phoolan Devi, the bandit queen, was elected twice to parliament after her acquittal. Unfortunately she was assassinated in 2001, in revenge for her murders of villagers.
It's amazing how truth can be stranger than fiction. I'm sure there have been more than a few "vigilantes" that were never caught or never convicted.

Reaction Score
I believe that “UNFORGIVEN” qualifies here.
“You be William Money?”—Clint Eastwood seeks justice twice.
First- for the girls- for money.
Lastly- for his friend- for vengeance.
Also one of my favorite westerns.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01