movie trailer thread? | The Boneyard

movie trailer thread?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What the heck happened to it? I can't find it. Lots of good stuff in that thread.

I was gonna add to it that "The New Mutants" finally got a release date after seeming to be stuck for about 2 years (4/3/20).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I just posted in it less than a week ago. It's not even archived I don't think. Seriously, why did this get erased? Anyone?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well since the old one disappeared without a trace I guess we'll have to start a new one. This looks pretty weird. Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg were a good combo in "The Art of Self Defense," they're teamed up again.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Taking over the top to whole new levels. And of course Vin Diesel has a brother we've never heard a mention of in 8 previous movies who is played by John Cena.

Reaction Score
Weird, what did happen to it? That sucks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Weird, what did happen to it? That sucks.

Exactly. I liked to scroll back thru it from time to time to remind myself about upcoming movies that looked interesting.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
That took some effort. I recognized some repurposed bits of Pitch Black, Troy, Planet of the Apes and Farscape.
Thought I might have gotten a glimpse of the ground vehicle from Aliens as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
New Wes:

Looks like classic Wes. I like his live action more than his animated features. That's a large cast for an indie. Looks like a few of his regulars, but quite a bit of new blood.

I don't like Timothee Chalamet, sorry to see him in this. He's got a really irritating, smug look all the time.

Reaction Score
Long story short, I haven't watched a trailer since, and I don't think I ever will. They give away all the best scenes and I'd rather wait for the actual movie.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've never read any Jane Austen, I've skipped many of the adaptations, but Anya Taylor-Joy and Bill Nighy are 2 reasons that make this look potentially interesting.

edit--replete w/ a snort from Mr. Nighy. Has anyone in the history of history had a more iconic snort?

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Anyone hyped to see Harrison Ford acting with a CGI dog in Call of the Wild?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anyone hyped to see Harrison Ford acting with a CGI dog in Call of the Wild?

Nah, can't muster much enthusiasm for this one.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
With everything in Hollywood delayed, I haven't been seeking out or seeing any trailers for a while. Just noticed this. It looks tense.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Before the other trailer thread disappeared without a trace (I'm still pretty bugged about that :mad:), someone posted one for Black Widow. This is a newer one. This looks pretty freakin' cool to me. Too bad its release is delayed cuz of the stinkin' corona virus.

edit--and I can totally buy Scarlet and Florence as sisters, even though one is American and the other British.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've never read any Jane Austen, I've skipped many of the adaptations, but Anya Taylor-Joy and Bill Nighy are 2 reasons that make this look potentially interesting.

edit--replete w/ a snort from Mr. Nighy. Has anyone in the history of history had a more iconic snort?

This was awful. Truly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
:oops: Shoot, that's disappointing to hear.

My wife is the ultimate fan of period dramas And Jane Austin. Even she admits it wasn’t good. Like The CW does period drama. All of the various Pride and Prejudice movies are much better.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My wife is the ultimate fan of period dramas And Jane Austin. Even she admits it wasn’t good. Like The CW does period drama. All of the various Pride and Prejudice movies are much better.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I just watched it and thought it was decent enough. Anya Taylor-Joy alone made it worth watching. The biggest disappointment to me is that Bill Nighy was given almost nothing to do in the film. Anyway it was visually very lovely. The lighting and lots of pastel colors and pastoral settings.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Here's another trailer for Tenet. I cannot wait for some movies to be released in theaters again. I usually don't go out to the theaters often but I might have to binge a little if we ever get back to "normal."

Reaction Score
Here's another trailer for Tenet. I cannot wait for some movies to be released in theaters again. I usually don't go out to the theaters often but I might have to binge a little if we ever get back to "normal."

Very slick. A guy at Warner Brothers called Chris Nolan "our Spielberg." Nolan also wrote it so I have high hopes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is trailer #3. Each one makes this look better and better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom