movie trailer thread? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

movie trailer thread?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
May go to the cinema for this one.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So there have been a few movies that have dealt w/ the Peter Pan legend that somewhat focused more on Captain Hook. And of course there have been 2 films about Maleficent (from Sleeping Beauty). Now Disney is bringing us this. I think I see where they're going, retelling all their stories but shifting the point of view to the villain. I do like Emma Stone, she might be able to carry this off. The Marvel part of Disney might be feeling a bit jealous/threatened, because they appear to be borrowing fairly liberally from The Joker and Harley Quinn.

Shockingly good. Really.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It is. Plus it has Karen. :cool:
I thought it was okay, but didn't love it. Not that similar of movies, but I enjoyed "Jolt" far more. Both are over the top action movies with a female lead, so they have that in common.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Netflix original. I like Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Keeping with the theme of a kick butt woman mowing down an army of bad guys.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe? Gemma Chan has to be the first person to play 2 distinct characters in the MCU (Chris Evans doesn't count, because the Fantastic Four movies were from Fox).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: Okay, totally cheesy, but I like Victoria Justice and Midori Francis, so it has that going for it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't have Hulu. This looks like it could be decent dumb humor. Interesting watching the red band and regular trailer back to back and seeing how they edited it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't have Hulu. This looks like it could be decent dumb humor. Interesting watching the red band and regular trailer back to back and seeing how they edited it.

See post #50

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This isn't new, but Trailer #2 for Dune. Looking fairly epic. I can't get over the cast.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The MCU might be about to give me a headache, with the multiverse and what not. I don't have Disney+, so I haven't seen Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, and now they've got What If going. No idea how far behind I am, or how critical any/all of those are to what will happen in the movies.

Trailer for new Spider Man. They already brought back JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, now Alfred Molina is reappearing at Doc Ock and they seem to be teasing Green Goblin/Willem Dafoe. There are also rumors that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are somehow going to be brought back in as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The MCU might be about to give me a headache, with the multiverse and what not. I don't have Disney+, so I haven't seen Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, and now they've got What If going. No idea how far behind I am, or how critical any/all of those are to what will happen in the movies.

Trailer for new Spider Man. They already brought back JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, now Alfred Molina is reappearing at Doc Ock and they seem to be teasing Green Goblin/Willem Dafoe. There are also rumors that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are somehow going to be brought back in as well.

I think it will loosely be the same plotline as Spiderman into the Spiderverse. There, the Kingpin attempts to find duplicates of his lost wife and child in the multiverse. His attempt unstabilizes the multiverse causing different Spiderman versions to all get dumped in the same place at the same time. They have to learn to work together to defeat the villain and save the universe(s).

So here expect all three Spidermen to get dumped at the same place and time needing to do the same thing. In essence, this movie will unify the two previous Spiderman movies series into a single multiverse so they all become 'cannon." Since Tony Stark is [spoiler alert->]dead someone else will need to be the trigger for it. It could be a bad guy's experiment gone wrong (like Doc Ock's sun thingy) or it could be a hero, maybe Wanda.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
In essence, this movie will unify the two previous Spiderman movies series into a single multiverse so they all become 'cannon."
That could get complicated. So...3 different versions of Aunt May, 2 of Uncle Ben, 1 Mary Jane who is not to be confused w/ the current MJ, 2 Gwen Stacy's, 2 or 3 Green Goblins (was James Franco Hobgoblin?), 2 Dr. Curt Connors (but he was only The Lizard in one of them), 3 Flash Thompsons. And 2 versions of Eddie Brock if you count the Venom movie, would be kinda hard not to incorporate that in the MCU if they are tying all the Spider Man series together. Huh, I didn't even realize that Betty Brant is a recurring character in Spider Man canon. Elizabeth Banks plays her in the Tobey Maguirre movies, Angourie Rice in the current iteration.

And that doesn't even take into account "Into the Spiderverse" which you mentioned, which would bring yet more versions of several of those characters, plus Miles Morales. Can we get a live action Spider Gwen? Then we could have Hailee Steinfeld in the MCU.

Looked up the cast list (I'm sure it's not complete, they probably want to keep some surprises). Jamie Foxx is back as Electro, from the 2nd series.

Really doubt they'd bring her back, a minor character, but would love to see Mageina Tovah return (Peter's neighbor/landlords daughter in the 2nd and 3rd Maguire movies).

I kinda can't believe some of the actors who have appeared at some point in the various films, in small roles. Felicity Jones, Sarah Gadon, Aidy Bryant, Skylar Gisondo, Peyton List in a role so small it was uncredited.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well that's some serious star power. Most of Netflix's attempts at blockbusters have fallen flat, but they might actually get it right with this one.

Reaction Score
Edgar Wright's a pretty talented guy, I'm down.

Reaction Score
Let's see if Netflix can finally land a true, star studded AAA film.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom