Mothers Day | The Boneyard

Mothers Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I spent a day with people affiliated with a Big East school. I expected the silly Calhoun APR bashing but was shocked at the unsolicited Sam Jr bashing. Here's a guy who played maybe 8 minutes a game and there is such hatred. All the lost recruiting battles and somehow he's the culprit. Then the Bunkey bashing followed - I would be giving their narrow mindedness more credence than warranted if I went into details. Just shocked and disgusted by them.

Back to the Calhoun bashing - my response is give s kid a $60 million NBA contract and from a real World perspective how important is the APR? Not very. Thank God Calhoun improved young lives and did not taking the politically correct way out.

Anyways not exactly a sleepy Mothers Day.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah because a random big east school was spending their Mother's Day talking about a UConn bench warmer and his random friend. Why would they even talk about Calhoun or the APR? This is off color even for you.

Reaction Score
Sorry that insults about your best friends Sam, Jr. and Bunk ruined your mothers day.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I don't mean to hijack this Chief but a thread titled "Mother's Day" deserves a little more Mom in my opinion.

upload_2016-5-8_19-50-48.png

This beautiful woman raised the degenerate jackass with a big heart that you animals know as Formerlurker. Most amazing woman I know and love her to death. I hope all of you lucky enough to still have your Mom in your life got to spend time with her today. It was nice to see the Sun come out for the first time in weeks. Very fitting.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to hijack this Chief but a thread titled "Mother's Day" deserves a little more Mom in my opinion.

View attachment 13571

This beautiful woman raised the degenerate jackass with a big heart that you animals know as Formerlurker. Most amazing woman I know and love her to death. I hope all of you lucky enough to still have your Mom in your life got to spend time with her today. It was nice to see the Sun come out for the first time in weeks. Very fitting.

Great post and she's a great lady I am sure. Hope you had a fun day.

My first Moms day without mine in 56 years and it was a rough one. With my wife in Aruba and home alone I took real long walks with the dog and thought (and even cried). Until they're gone you just don't know but I am happy everyone was able to spend moms day with theirs, it's a great day for the one's who made us who we are.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Happy Mothers' Day to any moms active here on the boards. It takes a special kind of woman to be a good mom, but takes a really special one to hang around this mess.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

My first Moms day without mine in 56 years and it was a rough one. With my wife in Aruba and home alone I took real long walks with the dog and thought (and even cried). Until they're gone you just don't know but I am happy everyone was able to spend moms day with theirs, it's a great day for the one's who made us who we are.

I wanted to like your post but couldn't because of the first sentence of your second paragraph. Keep your chin up.

Reaction Score

Sorry Mau.

I am truly blessed to have such an incredible friend (my mom). Love her very much.

Thoughts are with you! I understand what Lurker meant also.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You guys should just give up. This guy literally sits under his troll bridge, casts his "Quite Frankly Line" into the polluted waters of Boneyard River and just fishes just to get reactions.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Got to be a tough day. Hang in there, remember why you miss her, the things that made her a great Mom. As we get older, sometimes we get it that it's okay to be sad, to shed tears. Such feelings really honor the one we miss.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

This was my 9th Mother's Day without my mother and it still sucks. It does get easier, but it never doesn't suck. One thing I've found that helps is making things she would have made and serving them in her honor or at least things she taught you to make.

One huge thing I would suggest to anyone who still has their Mom and Dad in full working order (My Dad now has Alzheimer's and doesn't remember things I want to know), ask them everything you want to know. Ask them things about their parents or their grandparents. Ask them why your aunt and ex uncle split up, ask them how to make the favorite things you like to eat. Trust me, when you're sitting around remembering your Mom's stuffed peppers or whatever special thing she made, you can't reach back and get the recipe. When you want to know why their parents split up and your dad went into an orphanage with his sister (my case), you can't do it after the fact.

Some of the conversations are fun (how do you make stuffed peppers) and some are difficult (why were you in an orphanage when I know Grandma?). But they are all things you want to know and you cannot ask after the fact.

Oh - and one other thing - durable power of attorney and living trusts. If you don't know what those are, look them up and set them up. And then setup the same with your kids. It will save you or them thousands of dollars and make difficult transitions just a bit easier.

Sorry for you loss Mau.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I spent a day with people affiliated with a Big East school. I expected the silly Calhoun APR bashing but was shocked at the unsolicited Sam Jr bashing. Here's a guy who played maybe 8 minutes a game and there is such hatred. All the lost recruiting battles and somehow he's the culprit. Then the Bunkey bashing followed - I would be giving their narrow mindedness more credence than warranted if I went into details. Just shocked and disgusted by them.

Back to the Calhoun bashing - my response is give s kid a $60 million NBA contract and from a real World perspective how important is the APR? Not very. Thank God Calhoun improved young lives and did not taking the politically correct way out.

Anyways not exactly a sleepy Mothers Day.

This is bizarre. Quite frankly.

Reaction Score

Lot of us are 'empty hearted' on Mother's Day, but our kids and wife make it all possible. It may be the order of things but it still sucks.

I and others are with you Mau. For those blessed enough to have a Mom make every day Mother's Day and make sure you say "I'm sorry" or show that you mean it, in her lifetime. Genetics alone did not turn my Mom's hair grey.

Reaction Score
Jleves, you are so right. I try to tell my family about the past relatives as best as I can remember. My husbands side and mine as I am the only elderly one left from both sides. I have told my oldest son, who I live with, about what I want to be done at my death. I have all the needed paper work in one place and he knows where it is.

Hope this is not a downer after a nice day for Moms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom