Most successful Husky pros | The Boneyard

Most successful Husky pros

Reaction Score
Which Huskies have had the best pro careers?

Sue + Diana + Maya + Tina would seem to be the clear top 4

Swin had a good career.

I havent followed the W enough to know who has/hasnt done well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tina has 4,772 (regular season) career points, which is 20th all-time. In 5 more years, she could pass Catch and Tina and trail only Diana.

She also has 2,653 rebounds, good for 6th all-time. She is less than 3 seasons away from passing Catch's record. Maybe Brunson or Sylvia will be ahead of her at that point.

If Tina plays 6-8 more seasons, she can be the career leader in points AND rebounds. I'd call that a successful career.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would put Swin in that top group for sure with her 3 WNBA championships. Tina has zero, but does have 1 MVP.
Swin finished her career in the top 10-15 in several career stats. Plus she had 3 championships with 2 different teams. Plus 2 Olympic Golds. Great resume!

Reaction Score
Maya moore will be playing in her 6th wnba finals in 7yrs and will win her 4th in those 7 years. Not to mention she plays for a championship every year over seas. No other husky comes close to those numbers. Thats why she's the goat wbb player.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So who would be in the 2nd group?

Nykesha Sales was a 7 time WNBA All-Star. Asjha Jones won 1 WNBA title and was a 2 time All Star (along with an Olympic GM and 2 WC GMs). Dolson has been a 2 time All Star. Schumacher and Rizzotti have 2 WNBA titles. Montgomery has 1 WNBA title and 1 All Star.

HGN

Reaction Score

Swin had a good career.

There is no winner , or metric , one can use to make that determination. You can literally put
all their names in a hat and just pick out one and wouldn't be wrong.

That's the thing about so many UConn players. Many have had good-to-great pro careers. Either in the
WNBA or overseas. A great program , coached by great coaches , and producing great players.

HGN

Reaction Score

Swin had a good career.

There is no winner , or metric , one can use to make that determination. You can literally put
all their names in a hat and just pick out one and wouldn't be wrong.

That's the thing about so many UConn players. Many have had good-to-great pro careers. Either in the
WNBA or overseas. A great program , coached by great coaches , and producing great players.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Some of the former players aren't in the right place IMHO (KML for example in Seattle - yeah she needs work on fitness, but she almost always plays with the 2nd stringers and Seattle has a tremendously weak bench). Others, like Hartley and Montgomery, have struggled at times, but this year both seem to have found their "game" - Hartley has worked her way back to being a starter, and Renee is one of the very best PG's off the bench in the WNBA (she'd be a starter on many teams).

I believe that all the UCONN players in the WNBA are going to be there for a while. It was sad to see Kelly get cut, but she was almost always on the cusp her entire pro career. Sue, Dee, Renee, Tina, Maya, Tiff, Stef, Bria, Kia, Moriah, Stewie, and even KML and Saniya (did I miss any?) - most are stars on their respective teams, and the ones who come off the bench are for the most part very productive. I think players like Stokes and Montgomery would be starters on many other teams. KML would benefit from a stronger bench, more dedication to fitness, and/or a new home.

Without checking, almost every Husky who's a starter at this point has been to an all star game - Sue, Dee, Tina, Maya, Tiff, Stef, and Stewie. Bria did make the all-rookie team and she's on the "comeback" trail after giving birth... Kia was just invited to team USA tryouts, and Moria's time will come...

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Swin had a good career.

Meg Ryan or Sen. Chris Murphy. What? Never mind.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Sad to see Nykesha doesn't immediately pop into BYers minds ... I think she's so far gotten only one mention (before mine), while there's chatter about some others who just don't measure up.

Reaction Score
Sad to see Nykesha doesn't immediately pop into BYers minds ... I think she's so far gotten only one mention (before mine), while there's chatter about some others who just don't measure up.
No WNBA championships, but 8X WNBA all-star...

upload_2017-9-16_11-19-40.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom