Most "spectacular" plays in UConn histiory | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most "spectacular" plays in UConn histiory

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Rip Hamilton "at the buzzer !" in the sweet 16 vs the other Huskies That sequence of misses followed by Rip nailing it as he fell to the floor... and the team mobbing him.

But yes the answer has to be "The Shot". It was Huskymania.

We need to separate the most spectacular plays from Tournaments to regular games I think .

Reaction Score
Don’t think it was mentioned yet, but end of Washington 1998 NCAA game with Rip finally getting it to fall on a fadeawayhas to make the Top 10 list-

edit-Marat beat me to it!

Reaction Score
Toraino's put back slam.

Bouk rebounding his own mid range miss and flushing it.

The Kemba pass to himself off the backboard against Georgetown.

Ray's game winner against Georgetown in the Big East Tournament.

Shabazz hitting big shot after big shot to lead UConn to the national championship his senior year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Rip Hamilton "at the buzzer !" in the sweet 16 vs the other Huskies That sequence of misses followed by Rip nailing it as he fell to the floor... and the team mobbing him.
Isn't that funny? One of the great moments in Husky history kind of forgotten by our fans. But not UDub Husky fans!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Toraino's put back slam.

Bouk rebounding his own mid range miss and flushing it.

The Kemba pass to himself off the backboard against Georgetown.

Ray's game winner against Georgetown in the Big East Tournament.

Shabazz hitting big shot after big shot to lead UConn to the national championship his senior year.

The Toraino

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
The Toraino

The dunk is great. The comment at the end is pure gold though: "Put that in your VCR and keep it." I love stuff like this, because the other day my 7 y/o asked me what a video was and I felt ancient.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Donyell’s 360 vs Seton Hall
Hobbs shot to beat Georgetown for the first time, that was the start of what we became.
Two pages in, and the only two I didn't see when they first happened, unless someone posts Hobbs and I realize differently. Blessed indeed.
Perfect two-days-before-a-game thread.

Reaction Score
  1. Classic forgot about that one!
    This shot did go in! It was much harder to get it in the cheerleaders tube then the basket. Therefore degree of difficulty is much higher than any other shot on this list!

Reaction Score
Isn't that funny? One of the great moments in Husky history kind of forgotten by our fans. But not UDub Husky fans!
It was a great buzzer beater, it was huge, but not really a spectacular play. Sensational, beautiful in a dramatic striking fashion.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I love this. It's between this, The Shot and maybe Langdon falling on his butt.

Kemba essentially did this last week. His stepback is unreal.

Reaction Score
Every post is giving me goosebumps.

Burrell to Tate gets my vote just for the pure elation after having our hearts momentarily ripped from our chests. Also, the most incredible atmosphere I've ever experienced on campus.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My two favorites are:
  • "The Shot" - While my daughter and her friend were jumping around and screaming I sat that emotionless thinking it didn't count. Then everyone started walking off the court . . .
  • Burrell's leapfrog steal - I remember seeing it live on TV and the dozen or so replays that followed. The announcers were astounded at his athleticism as was I. Cannot find any video. Scoured the web and my old VCR tapes, but this one remains elusive. Anyone? Wake Forest at Gampel, 12/2/91.

It's these two, in that order, and none of these others are close. The others are all just good basketball plays really. Fantastic dunks are pretty common. These two above should be near impossibilities. Far outside the norm of expected plays.

Reaction Score
What about that alley oop to Stanley Robinson from like half court? Or AJ Price buzzer beater to push OT against the Zags in Seattle? Too many to keep track

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom