Most "spectacular" plays in UConn histiory | The Boneyard

Most "spectacular" plays in UConn histiory

Reaction Score
Vital put in his nominee on Sunday. It joins an impressive list.
Burrell to Tate. Who wins it late.
Caron to TRob.
Burrell jumps over Rodney Rogers player and steals the ball.

Kemba has his own list.
Gary Maghee hits the floor as Kemba hits game winning step back.
Underhand 30-foot clock shot buzzer versus Texas.
And this one (the video is awful). Kemba passes to himself off the backboard.

Reaction Score
Kemba vs Pitt is the best UConn play I have ever seen. Arguably the best game winner in CBB history, not because of meaning but because of just complete embarrassment to another player. Every time I see that video I rewind it 10 or so times.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Further back, Taliek Brown's shot clock beater in the BET against Pitt also comes to mind.

Ray Allen's shot against Georgetown. 1998 Rip vs Washington in the NCAA's. Both classics.

And although we eventually lost the game, Denham Brown's layup at the end of regulation against George Mason somehow seemed to defy gravity and send the game to OT.

Reaction Score
Gavin Edwards dunking over/on Harangoty in South Bend

Reaction Score
My two favorites are:
  • "The Shot" - While my daughter and her friend were jumping around and screaming I sat that emotionless thinking it didn't count. Then everyone started walking off the court . . .
  • Burrell's leapfrog steal - I remember seeing it live on TV and the dozen or so replays that followed. The announcers were astounded at his athleticism as was I. Cannot find any video. Scoured the web and my old VCR tapes, but this one remains elusive. Anyone? Wake Forest at Gampel, 12/2/91.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe not the most spectacular play (I'd give Kemba's game winner over Pitt the nod) but certainly the best run off...

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And although we eventually lost the game, Denham Brown's layup at the end of regulation against George Mason somehow seemed to defy gravity and send the game to OT.
I don't know if almost missing a bunny should make the list.

Reaction Score
My two favorites are:
  • "The Shot" - While my daughter and her friend were jumping around and screaming I sat that emotionless thinking it didn't count. Then everyone started walking off the court . . .
  • Burrell's leapfrog steal - I remember seeing it live on TV and the dozen or so replays that followed. The announcers were astounded at his athleticism as was I. Cannot find any video. Scoured the web and my old VCR tapes, but this one remains elusive. Anyone? Wake Forest at Gampel, 12/2/91.

Reaction Score
Vital and Bouk combined for a fabulous play on Sunday. But you can't compare it to fabulous plays that won post-season games at the buzzer. Just enjoy it for what it was.

The answer is it was Tate George's shot. Between the importance to the program, the importance to the season and the uniqueness of the play, it has to win. Although I like the thought of putting Ricky Moore's 1 on 1 defense on Langdon up there, the truth is Moore keeps him from getting a good shot off most of the time, while Burrell and George executed a 1 in 25 to 1 in 50 moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom