Most popular candy in every state | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most popular candy in every state

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I happen to like Candy Corn. Its one of my favorites.... Dont like it enough to make me want to move over the border to TN
Yeah ,well you like Spam ,too. So your epicurean credentials are already shot to hell! But we still love you, in spite of all your faults Triad. Do svidaniya!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've never seen a Montanan with a bag of Hot Tamales in her/his hand, though I'm sure they are on the shelf. The ingredient list is about enough to have a little throw up creep up into the back of your throat: "Sugar, corn syrup, modified food starch, contains less than 0.5% of the following: artificial flavors, dextrin, confectioners glaze, artificial color, medium chain triglycerides, carnauba wax, fruit juice from concentrate (pear, orange, strawberry, cherry, lime, lemon), sodium citrate, pectin, citric acid, malic acid, fumaric acid, Red 40, Yellow 5 (Tartrazine), Yellow 6, Red 3, Blue 1"

I have it on good authority that Montana's favorite candy is Jerky of almost any kind. :)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Maine = Charleston Chew? What on earth is a Charleston Chew. Has any Mainuh evuh seen one?

I call BOGUS!

The Whoopie Pie is the best known sweet confection, for those that can stand such kitchen bilge. View attachment 35628
I remember my nephew growing up in Maine. When he was about three or four, he couldn't say Charleston Chew, he always said something like charleskon skew. They were very popular in Maine in the 70's.

Reaction Score
Yesterday I had an appetizer called "meat candy" at a place called Beer Research Institute (part of a serious research project :cool: ) . Description was "siracha candied bacon" (see first item on the menu in the link below). Beer glass filled with strips of bacon covered with a sweet glaze and flavored with very spicy siracha pepper. Delicious, but the beer didn't do much to cool your tongue off.

http://www.thebeerresearchinstitute.com/

1540622827888.png

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Last yearI decided to buy Milky Way bars, no peanuts. Kids complained. I was going to go cheap and buy large bags of junk candy but all sold out, so back to the better brands.i get a ton of kids here. I hate it when parents drive their kids to different neighborhoods. I mean how much candy does a kid need. I spend a lot of $ on the candy so when I run out lights off, closed for the night.

We ran into the same thing after handing out the large Snickers bars and large bags of M&M Peanuts. Throngs of kids from other neighborhoods and older teens coming back 2-3 times. We hit $125 in candy before we quit the whole scene.

Now I shut off all the lights out front and throughout the house. The wife goes to a back bedroom to watch TV and I hunker down in the den doing stuff like visiting the Boneyard and other useful pursuits.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
We ran into the same thing after handing out the large Snickers bars and large bags of M&M Peanuts. Throngs of kids from other neighborhoods and older teens coming back 2-3 times. We hit $125 in candy before we quit the whole scene.

Now I shut off all the lights out front and throughout the house. The wife goes to a back bedroom to watch TV and I hunker down in the den doing stuff like visiting the Boneyard and other useful pursuits.
That is like the bah, humbug of Halloween! We do not have many kids that venture out on Halloween in our neighborhood. It is a small cul de sac, and the kids nowadays seem to go to parties or church sponsored events. I loved Halloween, but it is anticlimactic now. My wife is the one who is the candy culprit lately. :(:rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Actually the 2 worst are Arizona and New Mexico. Is bubble gum even a candy? And Jolly Ranchers are the candies that you leave till the end, end up getting melty and stuck to the wrapper, and tossed in the trash.

Side note I hate Almond Joy. Never met a person in CA who likes them. No idea how they got the list.

Reaction Score
Milky Way has always been a favorite of mine. Didn't make the cut???

Reaction Score
We lived in 3 houses with long driveways,no one came. We lived in a wooded area when my kids were growing up, got quite a few kids. They walked, never saw anyone driven. Kids today are spoiled.

There are parties the kids go to but afterwards the come around. Eight pm is my deadline that’s when the older kids come around. Just shut the outside lights off and watch tv.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Actually the 2 worst are Arizona and New Mexico. Is bubble gum even a candy? And Jolly Ranchers are the candies that you leave till the end, end up getting melty and stuck to the wrapper, and tossed in the trash.

Side note I hate Almond Joy. Never met a person in CA who likes them. No idea how they got the list.
The almond growers lobby put them up to it! A regular corporate conspiracy has seized control of the Golden State! Rise up and resist! :rolleyes:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't mind the kiddies with their parents - we don't get all that many. Some are probably from other neighborhoods, since our community has only a single entrance / exit (not gated) and is relatively "mature". Less than 50 trick or treaters, certainly, mostly in groups with a parent in the background.

However, after a certain hour we get big kids, not accompanied by an adult. That I like less.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I don't mind the kiddies with their parents - we don't get all that many. Some are probably from other neighborhoods, since our community has only a single entrance / exit (not gated) and is relatively "mature". Less than 50 trick or treaters, certainly, mostly in groups with a parent in the background.

However, after a certain hour we get big kids, not accompanied by an adult. That I like less.
When we were young we spent hours out getting goodies, but we lived in a big neighborhood, with houses very close together. It was not unusual to hit over 100 houses and nearly everyone gave out something. But it was an unwritten law that 12 years old was the limit. Parents did not encourage older kids to do it, and people just flat turned the older ones away. There were a few times that some older kids from across town came around and tried to take the little ones goodie bags, but they went home much worse for wear after my brother's friends discouraged them.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Must have been the favorite in San Francisco, that's were all the NUTS reside.

Reaction Score
Lack of "Chuckles" representation does not surprise me. Can no longer find them in local stores and have to buy them by the case on Amazon.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That is like the bah, humbug of Halloween! We do not have many kids that venture out on Halloween in our neighborhood. It is a small cul de sac, and the kids nowadays seem to go to parties or church sponsored events. I loved Halloween, but it is anticlimactic now. My wife is the one who is the candy culprit lately. :(:rolleyes:

Probably 10 years ago... i went out and bought a bunch of candy for the kiddies..... had the light on the front porch until maybe 9:30pm Not one kid showed up :mad: After that..... I said never again will I be purchasing candy.

Guess if I do see a kid roaming the street Wednesday..... I could pass em some canned sardines and Gatorade Whey Protein bars :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In NYC (Manhattan), kids go only to store owners or perhaps large residential buildings with doorman. Ideal imho. :)

Reaction Score
I recommend the GooGoo Cluster made in Nashville. It’s been around for more than a hundred years: Home

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
What is Swedish Fish? :( . I agree with my second choice..Kit Kat. Yes, I represent 2 places :).

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom