Most physical UConn player ever | The Boneyard

Most physical UConn player ever

Reaction Score
Barbara Turner.
Size for size, pound for pound, none tougher mentally or physically. A t about 5 ft 10 (if that) she took on Duke's Bales at 6 ft 3 or so and out weighing BT Express by 50 pounds --Barbara scored on her early and often--if she wasn't dehydrated with leg pains she would have won that game. I will never ever forget her last UConn Game--amazzing. Thanks Coco.
I'd add Shea, Bam Bam

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
This won't be a popular post, but Dolson was both very physical and a tad, um, well, let's say she got away with whatever she could. I remember being at a USF game in Florida. Dolson and a USF player were pretty much alone at one end of the court, with all refs focused on the action at the other end. A quick turnover to us and Dolson immediately flattens the USF player, pretty much right in front of me. She had an easy lay-up.

I should add she was my wife's favorite player and UConn gave her a shirt signed by Dolson at that same game, because of her condition.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
whos Bam Bam
This makes me sad. I'm not trying to be snide, or "that old guy", but, not knowing Bam-Bam means that you've missed some of the richness of UConn basketball. Here's a taste..

fierce, funny, and beloved by her teammates. And, she'd set a pick that'd send your dentist a-shakin' his head, after checking the x-rays. Got away from Sherri at Oklahoma, and came all the way to Storrs...

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
JJ, Shea, Bam Bam

2004 NCAA Bridgeport - Most Overt Physical Play - Ashley Valley - Fouled Auburn Guard Going For A Steal Knocked Her Thru Her Own Bench.

Gene subbed her in the 2nd half when he had enough of Auburn’s Dirty Play they were openly punching all our players in the 1st half...

Makes This Years Central Florida Team Look Well Mannered in Comparison...

Dirty play ended right there...

Message sent message received...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom