Most obnoxious and toxic fan bases | The Boneyard

Most obnoxious and toxic fan bases

Reaction Score
Eagles and Cowboys come to mind
Adding in the Horde’s Eagles justification for being on this list “The Eagles is a solid choice. What other franchise has had a holding cell and on duty magistrate on site during home games? And booed Santa Claus and cheered as Michael Irvin was immobilized and carted off?”

Reaction Score
I used to think it was all those bandwagon Pats fans but hardly hear a peep since they fell back to earth.
Ohhh that’s original lmao. Patriots fan since 1979 here. Through the Hugh Millen and “cover your boys” years.

Reaction Score
Look no further than our pals an hour east. They check off just about every toxic box you can think of as it comes to a fanbase. Little brother complex, belligerent, hold onto everything, those accents.

On the pro side, it’s Philly fans and it’s not even close.

Reaction Score
I used to think it was all those bandwagon Pats fans but hardly hear a peep since they fell back to earth.
Never knew any growing up in Northwest CT, then they were everywhere in Northwest CT during the 2000's. I suspect they retired all their Patriots gear.

I wouldn't call them toxic though, obnoxious fits but as you stated bandwagon fits much better.

Reaction Score
Never knew any growing up in Northwest CT, then they were everywhere in Northwest CT during the 2000's. I suspect they retired all their Patriots gear.

I wouldn't call them toxic though, obnoxious fits but as you stated bandwagon fits much better.
Grew up in FFLD county. The wave of Patriots and Red Sox fans that rolled in when those two teams were winning was significant and they all but vanished just as quickly as they arrived.

Reaction Score
It's not team fanbases, but player stan groups.

Kobe stans & Cristiano Ronaldo stans are particularly obnoxious & toxic, more so than any team fanbase in any sport I've come across.

Reaction Score
Grew up in FFLD county. The wave of Patriots and Red Sox fans that rolled in when those two teams were winning was significant and they all but vanished just as quickly as they arrived.
Yes, 25 years is very quick.

Blink of an eye

Reaction Score
as a tiny private school duke's only fans should be alumni or people that live in durham. anyone else is an obnoxious wannabe/bandwagon jumper. the absolute worstttt of the worst are the non-alumni fans that tout the academics and low acceptance rate etc as if that matters to the bball team at all my god make it stop.

edit- same goes for non-alumi notre dame football fans

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Philadelphia in general is just a garbage heap of fans

Oakland can’t be far off.

I believe those are the only two cities in America in which a sports team had/has a courthouse in the stadium

Reaction Score
as a tiny private school duke's only fans should be alumni. anyone other fans of theirs are obnoxious.
The creepy baby is the worst. And the holier than thou attitude of their fanbase for aspects of the program that no longer exist like graduating all of their players, having four year players that always go to class, and Coach K running things.

Reaction Score
To an extent. Is he a Giants/Yankees fan, I wonder? If so does he tend to recite “27 championships!” to all who will listen?
I'm a Titans, Yankees, Lakers fan. My Titans have never won and I was an Oilers fan before that. Yankees haven't done much lately and I don't bring up the total #. As for the Lakers, I stopped caring when we signed Lebron, just not a fan.
As far as UConn when I'm at MSG or away from home, I am quite enthusiastic but not obnoxious unless someone asks for it.

Reaction Score
Most NFL fanbases. This happens at every NFL game around the country.

I was at a Monday night Bears game a couple years ago. Not an insignificant number of fans were too drunk to walk, one guy held up the bathroom line because he pooped his pants/pooped on the floor and had to be taken out of the bathroom on a stretcher. Fan in the seat directly in front of me was berating and then physically attacking his girlfriend. We had to physically remove him from his seat.

Dodgers and Giants fans when they play each other. People have been beaten and shot to death at those games over the years.

Reaction Score
I'm a Titans, Yankees, Lakers fan. My Titans have never won and I was an Oilers fan before that. Yankees haven't done much lately and I don't bring up the total #. As for the Lakers, I stopped caring when we signed Lebron, just not a fan.
As far as UConn when I'm at MSG or away from home, I am quite enthusiastic but not obnoxious unless someone asks for it.
Titans is an interesting team in that mix! I’m more used to seeing the dreaded Yankees/Lakers/Cowboys trifecta lol.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's not team fanbases, but player stan groups.

Kobe stans & Cristiano Ronaldo stans are particularly obnoxious & toxic, more so than any team fanbase in any sport I've come across.
Kobe is one of funniest posters on the BY and his posts usually make me laugh .
He really doesn’t take himself very seriously which is a good thing .
. Trolls are great . When you realize the number of trolls on a site indicates your program is success you gain a better appreciation.
The only time a troll upsets me is when I fear for their mental health. Someone losing touch with reality is a scary .

Reaction Score
I grew up in Philly. We are just misunderstood. I do find baseball fans in general to be annoying. Just because when I moved to CT people kept asking if i was a Red Sox or Yankees fan. I would tell them i didn't like baseball. They would insist that I was a fan of one of them. I still don't watch but i root for the area teams to lose so their seasons are over quicker.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Philly. End of story. But I’ll continue anyway, I’m a transplant to eastern PA and the entitlement when they’re winning and sheer apocalyptic attitude when they’re losing is enough to make you vomit. I’ve been to one preseason Eagles game involuntarily and one of the kids in our group stood up to take a pic of the field during a timeout and got screamed at by about 10 people behind us. Everyone thinks that just because I live here now I should change my loyalties and my response is always the same…I won’t root against the Eagles/Phillies/Sixers/Flyers but there’s no fudging way I’m changing.

As a Yankee fan, the second worst is Yankee fans who are under 35ish. Can’t brag about 27 World Series’ when you’ve seen one in your lifetime. I’m old so I’ve seen the lowest of the lows and the highest of the highs since the 80’s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom