Most Likely, Conference Expansion is over for B1G | The Boneyard

Most Likely, Conference Expansion is over for B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MSU AD Mark Hollis on more B1G expansion: "In my opinion, no. We're settled at the number we have.

Note that he doesn't say what number that might be...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are you the same miko33 fron CSNBBS? On 4-18 you posted over there
" Latest info from my sources
UCONN is getting an invite to the B1G. Heard from several well connected individuals working at two B1G schools. "

So how do you square your sources with this?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Conspiracy Kitty would say this is the required cover-up after Delany slipped with his "huge announcement in the next 60 days" bombshell.

I would say let's keep on doing what we're doing to improve our B1G profile.

Reaction Score
The 60 days thing is probably just another bowl game in NYC or maybe even the addition of a. Cornell or similar school for Olympic sports (like Johns Hopkins). No way they invite another school at the same time RU and MD officially join and steal their thunder.

Reaction Score
The 60 days thing is probably just another bowl game in NYC or maybe even the addition of a. Cornell or similar school for Olympic sports (like Johns Hopkins). No way they invite another school at the same time RU and MD officially join and steal their thunder.

Agreed. The focus for the time being will be on future B1G events and integration of Maryland and Rutgers.

@mattcharboneau
B1G AD Jim Delany says there will be announcements in the next couple of weeks on future football and basketball championship sites
1:18 PM - 14 May 2014

@ScottDochterman
Purdue AD said B1G learned from adding PSU. "We didn't spend enough time ... cultivating that community." Said B1G was better w/ Neb/Md/Rut
1:08 PM - 14 May 2014

Reaction Score
Agreed. The focus for the time being will be on future B1G events and integration of Maryland and Rutgers.

@mattcharboneau
B1G AD Jim Delany says there will be announcements in the next couple of weeks on future football and basketball championship sites

@ScottDochterman
Purdue AD said B1G learned from adding PSU. "We didn't spend enough time ... cultivating that community." Said B1G was better w/ Neb/Md/Rut

I wouldn't be surprised if Soldier Field & MetLife get announced as future CCG sites

Reaction Score
Totally agree. We are on the AAC until we aren't. Could be 2,3 5, 7 years.... It sucks and it is what it is.... Keep winning and doing what we do....everything else will take care of itself

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Totally agree. We are on the AAC until we aren't. Could be 2,3 5, 7 years.... It sucks and it is what it is.... Keep winning and doing what we do....everything else will take care of itself

Why do people keep saying this? We just won three fruckin national championships this year and we are still withering on the vine.

Reaction Score
Why do people keep saying this? We just won three fruckin national championships this year and we are still withering on the vine.
If none of them are in football then unfortunately doesn't carry as much weight as we would like.

Reaction Score
You seem to think I like saying something like this. It's not fair nor is it just. But us crying about it will not change our situation. If you ant to do something by football tickets. Go to games. And don't purchase a cable tier with the big 10 on it....

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I have football tickets, thank you. And I'm not crying, I am pointing out that winning doesn't matter anymore.

Reaction Score
You seem to think I like saying something like this. It's not fair nor is it just. But us crying about it will not change our situation. If you ant to do something by football tickets. Go to games. And don't purchase a cable tier with the big 10 on it....
I tried lowering my AT&T tier enough to wipe the B1G channel off but I would be on the very very basic cable to do that. So I passed.
AT&T has 4 tiers and only the 1st had no B1G channel unfortunately.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Part of my Comcast cable trimming included getting rid of the BTN. I want to make sure my TV gets zero P5 conference channels until the day comes that UCONN gets tapped.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Conspiracy Kitty would say this is the required cover-up after Delany slipped with his "huge announcement in the next 60 days" bombshell.

I would say let's keep on doing what we're doing to improve our B1G profile.
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Magicians use misdirection to make sure that you are not looking where action is really happening.
Sit back and enjoy the show. It sixty days UConn may just pull a conference affiliation from out of it's hat.

Reaction Score

The same reason people buy lottery tickets. A disconnect from reality.

Reaction Score
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Magicians use misdirection to make sure that you are not looking where action is really happening.
Sit back and enjoy the show. It sixty days UConn may just pull a conference affiliation from out of it's hat.

Are you Scott Gray in kitty drag?

Reaction Score

@mattcharboneau

@ScottDochterman

PSU was added over 20 years prior to Rutgers and Maryland.

Reaction Score
I tried lowering my AT&T tier enough to wipe the B1G channel off but I would be on the very very basic cable to do that. So I passed.
AT&T has 4 tiers and only the 1st had no B1G channel unfortunately.
For me its part of my NFL Redzone package, so its a pain in the ass, but I drop it in January and re-up in the fall

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was already posted, but it's a short read: 5 Schools better than rutgers....UCONN, Missou, BC, SU, Louisville. Rutgers...so undeserving.
http://thebiglead.com/2014/05/06/5-...-added-that-were-better-options-than-rutgers/

All of those articles mean nothing. They make us feel better, but they don't change a thing.
This is the reality:

Delany: 'No buyer's remorse' with Rutgers
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/95145/delany-no-buyers-remorse-with-rutgers

Reaction Score
I don't read much into this. I seem to recall that when the B1G courted Nebraska the whole process was a huge secret. So secret that even after it was done the B1G still didn't want people to know where the meetings with Nebraska took place.

I doubt if all the AD's know what is happening regarding B1G expansion. It's likely tthat he B1G is limiting any expansion plans with as few people as possible. Hard to keep a secret if too many people know about it.
As Ben Franklin once said "Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32