Most Likely, Conference Expansion is over for B1G | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most Likely, Conference Expansion is over for B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Our football needs to get to the level Utah, Boise State, TCU were a few years back. Once that happens we'll get an invite to a P5 conference immediately.

Reaction Score
Do you honestly think Delany would publicly state otherwise even if he did have remorse? "Hey folks, I'm in charge of the most powerful athletic conference and I gotta say, this Rutgers debacle? Yeah, I really effed up."

That wasn't my point. Of course, I don't expect him to say that they effed up. And you know what? In their minds they didn't screw up. They are getting the TV sets and NY exposure, which is what they wanted. My point is, that all of these articles are feel good articles for us. That is all they are. Nothing more. The reality is that we are the only ones talking about conference expansion. No one else is.

Reaction Score
That wasn't my point. Of course, I don't expect him to say that they effed up. And you know what? In their minds they didn't screw up. They are getting the TV sets and NY exposure, which is what they wanted. My point is, that all of these articles are feel good articles for us. That is all they are. Nothing more. The reality is that we are the only ones talking about conference expansion. No one else is.
I don't think you can state that as fact. The Big 12 being stuck at 10 teams, something has gotta give. I am sure folks are at least talking about expansion behind the scenes just so they don't get blind-sided.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, UConn eventually winds up in the Big Ten. I don't think it will be happening this summer, though. I think more likely next year is when the Big Ten is targeting another round.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Do you honestly think Delany would publicly state otherwise even if he did have remorse? "Hey folks, I'm in charge of the most powerful athletic conference and I gotta say, this Rutgers dw'o ebacle? Yeah, I really effed up."
W/o RU UConn's not even an afterthought so ur angst is misplaced.Unfortunately Storr's is not in NJ and RU was a target for a long time...don't blame them for being wise and don't forget the research firm say's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom