Most Hated Husky by Opponents | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Most Hated Husky by Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Opponents fans hated DT for the same reason a lot of UConn fans hated (too strong a word) Cappie and SkyDigg. No one likes to have their butt kicked, and Cappie and Skylar had the bad habit of kicking ours, DT of kicking everyone else's.

It's sports-hate. Which is totally different from real hate. If I ever met Taurasi, I would shake her hand and tell her how much I admire her skills. When she's playing the Sky, I detest her.

Taurasi is easy to sports-hate because of her swagger and the way she sometimes acts if calls don't go her way.

Reaction Score
It's sports-hate. Which is totally different from real hate. If I ever met Taurasi, I would shake her hand and tell her how much I admire her skills. When she's playing the Sky, I detest her.

Taurasi is easy to sports-hate because of her swagger and the way she sometimes acts if calls don't go her way.
And because she kicks your ass

Reaction Score
Call me

244x300

Reaction Score
Opponents fans hated DT for the same reason a lot of UConn fans hated (too strong a word) Cappie and SkyDigg. No one likes to have their butt kicked, and Cappie and Skylar had the bad habit of kicking ours, DT of kicking everyone else's.
What was Skylar's record against UCONN and who's butt was kicked in her last chance at a shot to win the "big one"???

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
By Opponents -
DT
Jen
JJ
Shea

By Me -
Holdsclaw
Holdsclaw
Holdsclaw
Randall*

*Couldn't stand Boo Randall (while inwardly admitting that I would have loved her in a UConn uni) until I was courtside at an ABL game in Springfield. She was almost single-handedly controlling the game versus the Blizzard. During a break in the action while the ball was being inbounded near me, I yelled in total frustration "Would someone please guard Boo Randall? She's killing us!!!" Semeka was no more than 10 feet away from me and just cracked up laughing and grinned at me. A very human moment.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yeah because she kicks your ass, plus this too :confused:
And this, too.

a_taurasi_vt.jpg

Diana definitely had swagger. She's the only player I remember getting reamed out by Geno during a game for taunting another player. For all that people are complaining about RU players in this thread, it was Diana that was clapping in the face of Tasha Pointer after making a three that I remember most clearly.

That's why I love Asjha Jones so much. She didn't yap or trash talk, she'd mysteriously clear out the paint and while all the opponents were lying on the ground, she'd make a layup. No smirk, no clap, just two points and a point made.

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
And this, too.

a_taurasi_vt.jpg

Diana definitely had swagger. She's the only player I remember getting reamed out by Geno during a game for taunting another player. For all that people are complaining about RU players in this thread, it was Diana that was clapping in the face of Tasha Pointer after making a three that I remember most clearly.

That's why I love Asjha Jones so much. She didn't yap or trash talk, she'd mysteriously clear out the paint and while all the opponents were lying on the ground, she'd make a layup. No smirk, no clap, just two points and a point made.

And what I remember is the Pondexter finger, the Prince clipping foul and Ajavon's trash talk to Strother.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone hate Caroline Doty? She wasn't a showboat and didn't have an attitude and after she tore her ACL for the 3rd time in 5 years, she wasn't even the same player she was when she came to UConn. Injuries robbed her of a great individual career, but she still won 2 titles. This is one I just can't fathom.

Agree. I doubt 0.1% of opposing fans would have Caroline anywhere on their list.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And what I remember is the Pondexter finger, the Prince clipping foul and Ajavon's trash talk to Strother.
Cappie apologized to Geno and they're still friends. No one seems to remember that.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Whatever the relationship between Auriemma and Pondexter - it has no relevance. The punk behavior stands on it's own. I could also add Pondexter's post Tohoku tsunami comments as another indicator of her character.

Reaction Score
Most hated Husky: Diana, no question.
Most hated by Huskies: for me, probably Skylar Diggins. I don't like her attitude, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom