Most Happy for Omar | The Boneyard

Most Happy for Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He scored, he rebounded, ran the floor. What a huge bonus for the team if OC is healthy and stays healthy. Come off the bench with energy, hit a few shots. Would be a feel good story for him!

Also, the 30 second clock did keep the game at a faster pace. The extra trips up the floor enabled the student body to roar for the teams 8 blocks, and breaking 82 points. They get free wings for both milestones. Was a good first effort.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Yea that was the 8th block = free wings

Reaction Score
The Dawg's House ‏@Thephotodawg
Daniel Hamilton Amidah Brimah give Omar Calhoun props 4 stroking trey that ends practice prior to EXGame v #Tampa

Love this picture
great picture. You can see they all root for each other.

Reaction Score
I kept telling you guys all along that Mr. Calhoun is on a mission. Will eventually be a starter and will be a 1st around NBA draft pick. Count on it!

Reaction Score
Its one exhibition game, I will wait to see how Omar does during the first few games of the season before I say this is a different Omar. Last year Cassell hit 7 3's in two exhibition games and then shot 21% from three during the year.

Reaction Score
I kept telling you guys all along that Mr. Calhoun is on a mission. Will eventually be a starter and will be a 1st around NBA draft pick. Count on it!

Wanna buy some beautiful land in south Florida?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Look... I LOVE Omar and feel for the fact that he had problems staying healthy his Soph/Jr years. But even with my blue colored glasses on I can guarantee you that Omar will not be a first round draft pick.

Reaction Score
Omar's shot looked better. I don't mean just statistically. It looked different. Better. A little more lift on the shot.

Reaction Score
Its one exhibition game, I will wait to see how Omar does during the first few games of the season before I say this is a different Omar. Last year Cassell hit 7 3's in two exhibition games and then shot 21% from three during the year.
Let me phrase this a different way:

"SamIIAm hit a lot of threes when he was healthy, but as soon as he started having leg problems he was unable to generate any left, which negatively affected his form and subsequent shooting percentage. It's the same thing that tanked Caron's numbers in his second NBA season."
Omar's shot looked better. I don't mean just statistically. It looked different. Better. A little more lift on the shot.
Ibid.

Reaction Score
Calhoun was good. Played hard, good defense, looks frisky out there...

But he airballed two shots too. I've never seen a shooter be so pure on some deliveries and SOOOO off on other deliveries. Alot of that probably is the non-repeatability of his shot mechanics.

Hope he has a good year. Not counting on it, though.

Reaction Score
I really meant his "prospective" agent. Everyone knows you can sign an agent until the end of the year:)

No comment. Just a fan who knows talent. The kid was NBA material before his injuries. Will have a big year like Napier and Walker

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Omar the Trey Maker!

Reaction Score
No comment. Just a fan who knows talent. The kid was NBA material before his injuries. Will have a big year like Napier and Walker
If there's one thing that the NBA loves when it comes to draft time, it's a 6'3 Senior shooting guard with only decent athleticism and handle. In all seriousness, I think he can be a key guy off the bench this year but let's not get carried away.

Reaction Score
We can agree or disagree on the 1st round pick thing BUT we all love Omar and want to see freshman Omar back. He stuck by the team his sophomore year and was always up on the bench cheering. I will always remember that about him as he came in with huge press clippings to be unselfish said a ton about his character!!!

Freshman Omar is the truth! Hope he's back!

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
@scrappy2.0 is that you?!?

I'd love every second of this if this were true. I just don't see it. I'd be happy if he was a solid bench scorer/shooter.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Those must be some awesome dreams, @Hoopdreams .

Reaction Score
I just want an apology from all after the season. Omar is looking good body wise. His mind is focused and he's chipper as a Jay Bird. He's ready to rock and roll this year. Expect the Senior captain to pull a Kemba Walker this season. He's also a 6'5" guard, not 6'3" and one of the best perimeter shooters in the Country.

Reaction Score
I just want an apology from all after the season. Omar is looking good body wise. His mind is focused and he's chipper as a Jay Bird. He's ready to rock and roll this year. Expect the Senior captain to pull a Kemba Walker this season. He's also a 6'5" guard, not 6'3" and one of the best perimeter shooters in the Country.
I'm aboard the Omar hype train, but this isn't the type of team that will allow for, or even require, a Kemba type of season - too much balance across the board.

Honestly though, as long as he is healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if Omar ends up averaging around 8-10 ppg.

Reaction Score
I'm aboard the Omar hype train, but this isn't the type of team that will allow for, or even require, a Kemba type of season - too much balance across the board.

Honestly though, as long as he is healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if Omar ends up averaging around 8-10 ppg.

8 to 10 ppg. You speak with such a blasphemous tone! That's insulting. try 15 to 20 ppg pal!

Reaction Score
I feel like you're just joking but I really can't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom