Most dominant? | The Boneyard

Most dominant?

Reaction Score
Hello,

new poster here!

I was thinking who was the most dominant/physical lady husky ever?

I think it would be between Stef/Kara W

I would give Kara a slight edge because I think she was a better rebounder and taller. Maybe a bit more physical to?

thoughts?

I remember when Kara would get the ball on the block and held it high it would look like a grapefruit in her hands lol

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Asjha Jones absolutely must be in the conversation.

Edit to add: The verbiage is critical to the question. Three very different questions:
— The most dominant?
— The most physical?
— The most physically dominant?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There's a reason Stacy Hansmeyer was nicknamed "Bam Bam". Back in the day, when teams thought they could be overly physical with UCONN, Geno would put her in to knock the other team around a bit.

I would also have to agree with Jamelle and Kia Nurse. For current Huskies, Edwards and Muhl get the nod IMHO...

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
There's a reason Stacy Hansmeyer was nicknamed "Bam Bam". Back in the day, when teams thought they could be overly physical with UCONN, Geno would put her in to knock the other team around a bit.

I would also have to agree with Jamelle and Kia Nurse. For current Huskies, Edwards and Muhl get the nod IMHO...
Good point, 4got abt Stacy.

Reaction Score
If we’re talking about ability to get position, hold it, and get their shot up at will (even through contact), then my vote is either Stef or Tina. Kara is definitely in the convo, too.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Edwards is on EVERYONE'S list as being dominant and aggressive. Remember last year prior to the beginning of practice when Christyn and other players remarked about how "tough" Aaliyah was. Even associate head coach Chris Daley remarked how tough she was. Then we got to see for ourselves how right they were. I love her grit and determination in the paint. She's a warrior. ;) She's a year older, wiser and stronger. I'm betting she comes out even more aggressive and determined this year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Asjha Jones or Tamika Williams. Someone please correct me but I think one of them has the all time highest shot percentage....
Tamika Williams finished as UConn's all-time leader in field goal percentage at 70.3% (560-for-797), which is also an NCAA Division 1 record.

1630794583356.png

She also holds the Huskies' top four single-season marks for field goal percentage, ranked 14th on UConn's all-time scoring list with 1,402 points, and finished 10th all-time in rebounding (763). She was one of four players (along with Asjha Jones, Swin Cash, and Sue Bird) called by Sports Illustrated "best recruiting class of 1998". [LINK]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Asjha Jones or Tamika Williams. Someone please correct me but I think one of them has the all time highest shot percentage....
Tamika

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom