Most Casual Fan Thing You've Done | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Most Casual Fan Thing You've Done

Reaction Score
I will make a post about it soon but I had a wall of UConn in the late 90s and I took it down without even a pic to document said wall,sigh.

Reaction Score
Me & a buddy stopped paying attention to a UConn NCAA game (we were up big) and focused on trying to make hay with some girls at the bar. There were 3-4 of them at our table and our odds were looking good. Suddenly we looked up at the score, UConn was in grave danger & we realized the girls were the devil’s casual fan foot soldiers. Happily Tate George saved our souls & I’ve never veered to casual fandom since.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Made love during a uconn NCAA tournament game commercial. But finished before the game resumed. Tv timeouts are way too long in the tournament
Awesome. I’m jealous honestly

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess you have to be or know what a casual fan actually is to read this thread and make believe to understand or simply make sense out of it - some comical stuff though

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I grew up 30 min from storrs and I went to my first game when I was 4 years old...I’m now 25 and live in the 203 and still go to most every home game

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
At work I deal with the public a lot. When finishing up business I say "Stay casual!" while snapping my fingers and pointing at them. They all smile back at me...casually.

Reaction Score
At work I deal with the public a lot. When finishing up business I say "Stay casual!" while snapping my fingers and pointing at them. They all smile back at me...casually.
PhotoPictureResizer_181014_092734227_crop_250x201.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Made love during a uconn NCAA tournament game commercial. But finished before the game resumed. Tv timeouts are way too long in the tournament
I fantasize more about the opposite sex than UConn men's bb highlights.

Butt barely!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wait.

You had to be told that?

So before someone told you that you pictured elves back in the kitchen removing bones from wings?

Just for you.

1/2 price appetizers for Happy Hour. Got the boneless wings. Like a boss I got them with Ancho Chili BBQ sauce. Then waitress told me that Ancho BBQ is a fancy name for spicy ketchup. Damnit.

Attachments

• IMG_20181015_183915.jpg
    IMG_20181015_183915.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a casual fan thing but..... one of the years UConn was really good, it might have been 2006, I used to go watch the games at a bar in Danbury that would advertise specials if you wore UConn gear. It included draughts for whatever the rank of the team was. At the time it was single digits so draughts were like 7 cents or something like that. I went with a bunch of friends most of whom were UConn fans but none went there or were as big fans as I was.
So, I brought the UConn gear for all to wear including hats, sweatshirts etc. and gave them to my friends to wear so they could take advantage of the promotions. I wore my UConn sweatshirt that I bought while a student that just said Connecticut on the front.
The waitress bought us our check after the game and it was huge because there were like 10 of us and we all ate food. I noticed that most the drinks were the promotional price but there were several, I'm not going to say how many, that were full price. I asked the waitress why since we were all wearing UConn gear were a bunch of draughts full price. She said because everyone was wearing UConn gear except for me because my sweatshirt read CONNECTICUT and not UConn. So my drinks were full boat.
It took several minutes of gentle explaining and a manager to get the check redone.
*edited for typo*

C

Chief00

I keep refreshing this board, hoping for some big news. Unfortunately all those threads keep getting locked. :(
I guess the locking of those threads is a quiet concession that the often criticized Chief approach was the right one after-all. The dam break gets the point across and communicates what people need to know without raining on a recruit’s announcement moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom