Most Casual Fan Thing You've Done | The Boneyard

Most Casual Fan Thing You've Done

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd like to call this out separate from Chief's Casual Fan Night thread.

What is a casual fan? The term gets thrown around so loosely it's sometimes tough to know what casual fans actually do.

For example, chicken wings are sacreds. One time I got casual and ordered boneless wings since it was less effort to eat. I was later told boneless wings are nothing more than adult chicken nuggets.

Reaction Score
I missed this thread when I posted in Chief's. Here's my definition of a "casual fan":

The "casual fans" Chief talks about are the folks who don't know the difference between man and zone defense, who would believe you if you told them Craig Austrie was the backup PG, and who are going to first night for Ayo and Teo. Quite frankly, their investment in UConn basketball is measured by how entertained they are by a game or event.

By this definition I can't believe many on here are causal.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I actually started hating UCONN players a couple of years ago followed by KO and his assistants.

Missed games and was cool with it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't watch many basketball games live (maybe a handful/season), let alone go in person. My DVR is like having a time turner at Hogwarts.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't watch many basketball games live (maybe a handful/season), let alone go in person. My DVR is like having a time turner at Hogwarts.

Using what I believe to be (no first hand knowledge, but I hear my wife and grandkids talking about it) a Harry Potter reference on the 'yard might just be the ultimate degree of casualness a "fan" could display.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not a casual fan of this team. I am a casual Jayhawk fan.

So instead I'll provide something "Boneyard casual", I won't drink Rolling Rock. At all. But I also did not drink it in 1999, 2004, 2011 or 2014.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Using what I believe to be (no first hand knowledge, but I hear my wife and grandkids talking about it) a Harry Potter reference on the 'yard might just be the ultimate degree of casualness a "fan" could display.

Thought it was more efficient than a 1982 DeLoren.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let's see...

☑ Been to first night
☑ Been to Jim Calhoun Celebrity Classic
☑ Have gotten autographs, pictures "for my kids." (I mean they were with my kids and I gave them to them but still..)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom