OT: - Most addictive computer game(s) you played? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Most addictive computer game(s) you played?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oblivion and Skyrym, from The Elder Scrolls. Probably the two greatest games ever.
Civilization, various versions. The turn based games really soak up the hours without you noticing.
Dragon Age Origins
SimCity 2000

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Downloaded Oregon trail the other day based on a nostalgic whim. Some things should be left as nostalgic memories…..

Aw, didn't it feel good to die of dysentery again?

Reaction Score
Oblivion and Skyrym, from The Elder Scrolls. Probably the two greatest games ever.
Civilization, various versions. The turn based games really soak up the hours without you noticing.
Dragon Age Origins
SimCity 2000
Oh yes Elder Scrolls has to be up there too

Reaction Score
Wasteland was a PC favorite of mine in the early 90's, I don't like what they did with the subsequent sequels and whatnot. I originally played Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox, then played II on my PC... I was recently able to actually get them cheap as digital downloads for my Xbox One, that was HUGE! Also loved Front Page Sports Baseball in the mid 90's. I guess I have some obscure choices!

Reaction Score
Too many to name.

My favorite story is that my wife, who is not a gamer and never has been, played 500+ hours of Witcher 3. The game came with our Xbox One and I had no intention of playing it. She decided to try it one slow summer day and became hooked. It was kind of scary; she was a different person for two months. There was one Saturday where she woke up, didn't bother to eat breakfast, and fired up the game, and played 18 hours that day. I had a talk with her after that lol.

That was six years ago now. She still hasn't played another videogame.
My wife, who will get into a game now and then (more casual games now), and I used to play the original Halo together, cooperatively, when we were dating. It was my xBox and we lived a couple of hours from each other, so I sometimes played ahead. One weekend she arrived at my house and was upset that I had played ahead. So, she starts playing on her own what I had covered alone to catch up. But it's mid-day, and the room had a lot of windows so there was glare. So, she grabs a couple of bar stools and a sheet and builds herself a glare-free tent over the TV. About six hours later, I poked my head in to ask if she wanted to take a break for dinner.

I already knew she was a keeper, but that day removed any doubt.

Reaction Score
Doom franchise
Quake franchise (Deathmatch!)
Grand Theft Auto Vice City and forward
Zork ('There's a dwarf here.')
Xevious (remember, 'You've got to be pretty devious to beat Xevious'?)
Halo
Zaxxon (Colecovision and arcade)
Half-Life
Altered Beast (Genesis)
Joe Montana Football (Genesis)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There have been too many.
Early Sierra games - Black Cauldron, all the Space Quest games. Leisure Suit Larry. Tetris. Test Drive. Zany Golf. Lemmings. Worms. Monkey Island. SimCity
Then we get to CD ROM era with Myst, 7th Guest, Under a Killing Moon.
3D era brought Doom, Quake, GTA

Unfortunately got away from PC gaming around then.

Recently put a bunch of hours in to Fall Guys, that’s pretty fun. Would love to get a proper gaming rig and waste hours on MS Flight Simulator.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Halo, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Zelda, The Witcher 3 & Uncharted have all eaten up hundreds of hours of my life. So many good games out there.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Zynga poker was addictive and lame. Wasted several hundred dollars on fake poker chips. Quit playing that and started playing Genshin Impact for free. It’s like a final fantasy type of game.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Good for you. You would be upset to see how awful the new games are
I guess there’s a way that all my college buddies can play each other even though they live in different STATES!?!?!?! That’s some evil sorcery that I will not fall victim to.

VCE

Reaction Score
As a kid:

Doom, Quake, Civ1-3, Simcity, Flight sims like F117a and Apache.

When I was working:

Total War games; Rome 1 and Medieval 2 mostly. Lots of online crap.

Now:

open world. GTA. Witcher 3. HZD. Mafia series.

Reaction Score
I'm not super tech savvy, but does anyone know if it's possible to find and play, specifically, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2? Would it even work on a modern (no frills, HP) laptop? Do you need an emulator? I've been trying for years and years to find that game again. I think on Steam you can buy a collection of C&C games but Red Alert 2 isn't on there and it's the best of the bunch imo. I just want to stick bombs on stuff with Tonya.

Reaction Score
Xenophobe. One of the few arcade games that permitted three people to play simultaneously. If you were proficient a quarter could last 30 minutes.

Reaction Score
Unreal tournament. Used to skip school and play friends in duke nukem death match.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Asteroids as a kid… stupid Homescapes now. Damn it I hate an unfinished and dirty house. No time for computer games now. Driving around the kids all day!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom