Moses Brown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Moses Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My bad, he just didn't care enough to comment on us.

OR the reporter didn't ask about UConn

OR he did comment on UConn and the comments weren't included.

He must be thinking a little bit about us to mention us third in his quote.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
OR the reporter didn't ask about UConn

OR he did comment on UConn and the comments weren't included.

He must be thinking a little bit about us to mention us third in his quote.
Right, the reporter just decided UConn wasn't worthy of his article... thanks. Maybe he is "thinking" about us, but I doubt very hard if he has nothing to say.
I'm guessing you're a ... glass is half empty kind of guy, correct?
Maybe, I just didn't take that as a good sign. He wasn't shy explaining his relationships with the other teams, but not even a small blip about us.

Reaction Score
I always forget this place is the anti-Disney World, the unhappiest place on earth. I don't know wtf I was thinking posting something even remotely in the same orbit as positive here.

FWIW the article said nothing about Florida either but they were also one of the schools mentioned. The article is also about blue bloods. UConn may not have been included because we're not considered blue bloods, no matter how many Championships we've won. (not that I think half of those schools are blue bloods).

And, no he's probably not coming here. We don't get a lot of one and dones but at least we're still in the conversation.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I always forget this place is the anti-Disney World, the unhappiest place on earth. I don't know wtf I was thinking posting something even remotely in the same orbit as positive here.

FWIW the article said nothing about Florida either but they were also one of the schools mentioned. The article is also about blue bloods. UConn may not have been included because we're not considered blue bloods, no matter how many Championships we've won. (not that I think half of those schools are blue bloods).

And, no he's probably not coming here. We don't get a lot of one and dones but at least we're still in the conversation.

We do get a lot of one and dones. They're called post grads. Either way, I'm not crazy about either kind in building a stable program.

Reaction Score
Right, the reporter just decided UConn wasn't worthy of his article... thanks. Maybe he is "thinking" about us, but I doubt very hard if he has nothing to say.

Maybe, I just didn't take that as a good sign. He wasn't shy explaining his relationships with the other teams, but not even a small blip about us.

If he said he loved UConn and KO, Chill you'd find something else no doubt.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

So what's your positive take away then? He mentioned us third in a quote? Sorry I don't get excited over things like that. Someone like iggy telling the reporter he wanted to make a remark about UConn is something worth celebrating. UConn and Florida fans should be happy with the contents of the article.

Reaction Score
So what's your positive take away then? He mentioned us third in a quote? Sorry I don't get excited over things like that. Someone like iggy telling the reporter he wanted to make a remark about UConn is something worth celebrating. UConn and Florida fans should be happy with the contents of the article.

The positive take away, like I said, is we're at least still in it.

Look, you want to p*ss in someone's Cheerios, go ahead. I was just sharing some news where we were mentioned with a five star kid.

Reaction Score

First, I don't expect UConn to land any of these top kids.

That being said, we saw an example of Rivals just last week glossing over a recruit's interest in UConn. Unless Shittu already has absolutely no interest in UConn, I am going to put that on the Rivals reporter rather than it being some big tell about his lack of interest in UConn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The positive take away, like I said, is we're at least still in it.

Look, you want to p*ss in someone's Cheerios, go ahead. I was just sharing some news where we were mentioned with a five star kid.
Thank you for posting it. I'm just sharing my take away.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
First, I don't expect UConn to land any of these top kids.

That being said, we saw an example of Rivals just last week glossing over a recruit's interest in UConn. Unless Shittu already has absolutely no interest in UConn, I am going to put that on the Rivals reporter rather than it being some big tell about his lack of interest in UConn.
You reporters report what they're told right? They don't just decide school X and Z don't deserve to be in their article.

Reaction Score
You reporters report what they're told right? They don't just decide school X and Z don't deserve to be in their article.

???

They actually do prompt the kids to respond school by school. what do you think of Kansas? What do you think of Vanderbilt? etc.

These are not highly trained reporters in any case. Most of the time, they are totally inarticulate 21 year old kids.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He, or the reporter counted us as a lifeblood school (and counted MD and ST. JOHN's as the workhorses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom