Moriah!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Moriah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...and to those still wondering why CP3 wasn't selected for the Olympic team, this is a perfect illustration. 6'4" lets 5'7" drive past and doesn't make any effort to block the shot...

I'm not wondering why. I already know that it had to do with the selection committee being incompetent. One of the selection committee members was the one that had fired Coach T for Anne D, right? Who on the BY thought that was a good move? I think that is more "illustrative" of the competence of the committee members.

Why do you feel a need to bring up the on this thread? Didn't they say there is another place where the Olympics is being discussed? feel like you have to keep getting your digs in?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
WTH happened to Appel? Not very good.
Jayne found a good 40 pounds or more. I barely recognized her.

Lots of players are slimming down, but not Jayne.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Moriah's interview from yesterday was interesting. She has not seen or played against many of these teams or players. She's learning their tendencies and making adjustments. Seeing L.A. for the second time helped her to be more aggressive and shoot 7-11. I think she'll improve her stats and her play over the course of the season.

Reaction Score
Moriah isnt a team player, why are her sneakers RED? same with Stewie with those bright sneakers... seems that its all about "look at me" :rolleyes:
I wonder if they are having issues getting sneakers that fit? Recall a couple of years back and the entire UConn team had new kicks except MoJet; they didn't make them in her size.

Reaction Score
IMHO Moriah has finally figured out they she doesn't have the team around her that she used to have; here SHE is the star. Gears grind as the paradigm shifts without a clutch, and now she's playing like we all know she can.

Next step: Build a team around a star PG.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I wonder if they are having issues getting sneakers that fit? Recall a couple of years back and the entire UConn team had new kicks except MoJet; they didn't make them in her size.
I sort of thought about that with her... but wonder if its her "Adidas" contract that allow her to wear her "own sneaker"

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
For all my bellyaching on Candace's behalf, that sure was a pretty lame defensive effort.

Reaction Score
It seems all the players wear different sneakers. I like the different colors - makes it easy to keep track of players! I am surprised Mo has as many assists as she does when so few of her teammates can put the ball in the basket. Kayla is a scorer, but she usually creates her own shots. There were several times when Mo penetrated and then you could practically see her think "Oh, s***, nobody moved to get open for a pass!" OTOH, you can see that some of the passes she completed successfully in college are sniffed out and intercepted more often in the pros.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Was it at Senior's Day when Dee thanked her team for playing defense for her?
If I remember correctly, she specifically thanked Ashley Battle for playing D for her.

Reaction Score
For all my bellyaching on Candace's behalf, that sure was a pretty lame defensive effort.

Candace often looks like a gazelle on offense...and a bit of a shambling old man on defense. :D

(yeah, bit of an exaggeration on the defense, but you know what I mean. Still, I bet Stewie would have done enough to get that block or at least bother Moriah's shot a bit)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I doubt it. At UCONN that was Nike and MoJeff's sophomore year which was surprising. She is with Adidas now each team has a company rep responsible for making sure she has 2 pairs of sneakers for each game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
But are we going to judge CP on one defensive play. Rookie Allen Iverson once double crossed up MJ so bad it became legendary. I think CP's team won the game but I'm not sure.

Reaction Score
great move, but actually Jordan made a credible attempt to block the shot, even after Iverson's unworldly moves.

Very cool that this tape followed that one on YouTube. This is definitely worth 9 minutes:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Candace often looks like a gazelle on offense...and a bit of a shambling old man on defense. :D

(yeah, bit of an exaggeration on the defense, but you know what I mean. Still, I bet Stewie would have done enough to get that block or at least bother Moriah's shot a bit)

I feel compelled to point out that Parker's defensive rating (points per 100 possessions allowed while she is on the floor) is a microscopic 83. Last year LaToya Sanders led the league at 87.5.

Reaction Score
Mo added to her family!

Rats! It wont let me copy & paste. Cute picture of Mo and adopted pup, Ginger...

Reaction Score
CkSvDzcVEAEiew2.jpg:large

Reaction Score
I feel compelled to point out that Parker's defensive rating (points per 100 possessions allowed while she is on the floor) is a microscopic 83. Last year LaToya Sanders led the league at 87.5.

Which makes her about 6th best on her own team, currently (and less than a point better than two others on her team). More importantly, it's a bit early to make comparisons between this year's rating and last year's no? ;) Def rating's a bit like +/- in that it becomes more meaningful over the course of an entire season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Which makes her about 6th best on her own team, currently (and less than a point better than two others on her team). More importantly, it's a bit early to make comparisons between this year's rating and last year's no? ;) Def rating's a bit like +/- in that it becomes more meaningful over the course of an entire season.

According to Basketball Reference she is #1 on her team in that category. Beard and Ogwumike are next at 86.

I know it's early to cite that but that's a pretty good number so far for a "shambling old man". Teams aren't scoring much when she is on the court.

Reaction Score
According to Basketball Reference she is #1 on her team in that category. Beard and Ogwumike are next at 86.

I know it's early to cite that but that's a pretty good number so far for a "shambling old man". Teams aren't scoring much when she is on the court.

Ah. I was using the WNBA stats, which agree on Parker's rating but have different numbers for most others in the league. I wonder what the differences in methodology are? (though again, the amount of data is too small to put a great deal of stock in either)

At the moment (according to Basketball Reference), there are three teams with defensive ratings well below any team's full season rating in the last 5-6 years, and two teams with defensive ratings worse than the worst of any full season's stats in that period. I suspect that will level out over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom