Moriah | The Boneyard

Moriah

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Wow! I must say I wondered about the reputation of flashiness. No matter how talented a player is they should take the simplest path to get something done. I'm also skeptical about highlight videos. Yet what I see in this video is instantaneous decision making along with seeing some things ahead of time, a la Taurasi. The flashiness seems to be, indeed, the simplest path to achieving her goals in each case. I'm now officially excited about this one.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Mo is as talented a PG prospect as you'll see coming out of high school. Once she understands what Geno and Shea want her to do, she's going to be absolutely devastating. She has skills you can't teach and is by all accounts very coachable. That's a deadly combination. Her game doesn't really remind me of any previous female players; she plays like a guy...in a good way.

Reaction Score
One ESPN reviewer called Moriah the most entertaining player in the class. I don't think we've ever seen her likes in Storrs before.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Watching her in the U18 games, she was not as flashy and played within the scope of what the coach was looking for. To me, that is very impressive and bodes well for her getting early playing time for Geno.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One ESPN reviewer called Moriah the most entertaining player in the class. I don't think we've ever seen her likes in Storrs before.
Morgan will be solid and play like an uperclassman from the beginning.

Breanna will combine size and skill unlike any other woman.

And Moriah will draw tons of viewers. She really is the female Calvin Murphy.

Reaction Score
Watching her in the U18 games, she was not as flashy and played within the scope of what the coach was looking for. To me, that is very impressive and bodes well for her getting early playing time for Geno.

She seems to already be assimilating some of Geno's advice...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Morgan will be solid and play like an uperclassman from the beginning.

Breanna will combine size and skill unlike any other woman.

And Moriah will draw tons of viewers. She really is the female Calvin Murphy.
There's some young Allen Iverson in her game too. That's a good thing, btw.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Gotta love the passing ability!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Been impressed with her decision making re when to push and when to pull it back out and set up. Just seems to be in control of her game and the team. Would like to see her shoot a little more when she is open, but rather that then having to rein in a quick trigger.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Been impressed with her decision making re when to push and when to pull it back out and set up. Just seems to be in control of her game and the team. Would like to see her shoot a little more when she is open, but rather that then having to rein in a quick trigger.

I think on a team like this, and as a first-time participant, she is doing the right thing by attacking without taking as many shot attempts. I've seen some great passes too and I like that she is comfortable as a facilitator while still playing aggressively. Great portents for the Huskies

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This is something she will learn to modulate. If you watched her THESA games, she was everything for that team, including the primary shooter. Figuring out how to play alongside a lot of other really talented players is going to take some time...but not much, I bet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As an outsider, I will be very interested to see how Jefferson develops this year, and during her career. For me.... she and Alexis Jones will always be linked. Some say Moriah is better... ive also read that some think that Jones is the better player.... Obviously Jefferson will get handed the keys to the car before Jones will.... im intrigued to see how Duke uses her..

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As an outsider, I will be very interested to see how Jefferson develops this year, and during her career. For me.... she and Alexis Jones will always be linked. Some say Moriah is better... ive also read that some think that Jones is the better player.... Obviously Jefferson will get handed the keys to the car before Jones will.... im intrigued to see how Duke uses her..
I am curious where you read that Jones is better. I watched just about every minute of these games and to me Jefferson was clearly the better player.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
What surprised me about Moriah was the strong basketball smarts and intelligence she showed, despite the fact that she has had relatively little competition against top teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is something she will learn to modulate. If you watched her THESA games, she was everything for that team, including the primary shooter. Figuring out how to play alongside a lot of other really talented players is going to take some time...but not much, I bet.
Yep. Moriah will have more firepower on her team than she did in high school, by a large margin. How large? Like 7'0".

Find Stef, Bria, Kaleena, Breanna, or Morgan in their scoring spots, and good things will happen.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Jones wasn't on this team, but I have seen reporting out of Texas comparing the two and sometimes giving Jones the edge.
http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/player-of-the-year/tag/_/name/alexis-jones
I've seen the same thing. Was Jones ever rated higher than Jefferson per HG? Moriah has always been ranked higher per BS (2 vs. 6) and ASGR (2 vs. 7). Suffice to say that both are fantastic and both UCONN and Duke are getting an incredible top notch PG to lead them for the next 3-4 years...

PBR (Premier Basketball Report) is a recruiting service out of Texas and they have always had Jones higher than Jefferson.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Slam compared her to Lindsey Harding. There are obvious similarities, but Moriah seems much more capable as a scorer and passer.
I agree about some similarities, though Moriah is smaller but faster.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Oops. I was thinking of Brown.
Thought so. Made teh same mistake but with Prince when I first saw the team.
I think both players will have very good college careers, and it is probably a toss up as to which will be better at the end of 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom