Moriah Update! | The Boneyard

Moriah Update!

Reaction Score
I hope this shows that her knee is getting back to 100%. MoJeff at 100% will be starting point guard anywhere except a team already headed by a UConn PG so no trade needed. Just a healthy MoJeff necessary. I have missed watching her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here are the facts on Plums's recent play based on WNBA.com

Plum is playing for Fenerbache in Turkey. They are in third place in the KBSL (Turkish League) standings at 14-3, and in second place in the EuroLeague’s Group B at 7-4.

In the KBSL, Plum is averaging 18.6 points, 3.5 assists, 2.9 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game while making 60.7 percent of her two-pointers, 50.6-percent of her three-pointers, and 89.2 percent of her free throws.

In EuroLeague competition, Plum is averaged 15.3 points, 3.3 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game, while making 38.8 percent of her three-pointers and 93.8 percent of her free throws.

Based on this and my own eyes when seeing her in Euro league, Plum would not beat out Moriah if healthy but I think they are both talented enough that they would both need to get near equal minutes. Lindsey Allen is a nice backup PG by the way.

On the other hand, Plum did not look good to me on the US team ?

Reaction Score
I hope this shows that her knee is getting back to 100%. MoJeff at 100% will be starting point guard anywhere except a team already headed by a UConn PG so no trade needed. Just a healthy MoJeff necessary. I have missed watching her.
Vegas has already proclaimed Plum as their PG of the now and the future & McBride is at the 2 so she needs a new team.

Reaction Score
I’m not arguing Plum over Mo but I’m afraid Vegas has gone all in on Plum and there’s no turning back.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I’m not arguing Plum over Mo but I’m afraid Vegas has gone all in on Plum and there’s no turning back.
If MoJet is on the 2nd team and they scrimmage the first team and MoJet consistently shuts down Plum, will MoJet get a chance to start?

Reaction Score
I'll take Moriah over Kelsey any day of the week. Plum is talented but Moriah is transcendent.

I wonder who's faster, Mo or Crystal?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That's all I care about, whenever I hear her name, whenever I think of her. A healthy Moriah is good enough to make the US Olympic team. The CT Sun or the Liberty would be nice landing spots.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'll take Moriah over Kelsey any day of the week. Plum is talented but Moriah is transcendent.

I wonder who's faster, Mo or Crystal?
Mo by a good .1 in the 40. Mo's stop and start move when healthy is unstoppable, plus Mo has better hops.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Mo by a good .1 in the 40. Mo's stop and start move when healthy is unstoppable, plus Mo has better hops.
But Crystal makes better passes for assists, and seems to see the court better.

JordyG

Reaction Score
But Crystal makes better passes for assists, and seems to see the court better.
Yes, but Mo was the far better defender and was much more of a clutch shooter. Toward her careers end, of course.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Yes, but Mo was the far better defender and was much more of a clutch shooter. Toward her careers end, of course.
I would agree with those points, bearing in mind that Crystal's career is not yet close to being over.

Did Moriah ever have games with 9, 10, or 12 assists? If so, I don't remember them.

Reaction Score
Here are the facts on Plums's recent play based on WNBA.com

Plum is playing for Fenerbache in Turkey. They are in third place in the KBSL (Turkish League) standings at 14-3, and in second place in the EuroLeague’s Group B at 7-4.

In the KBSL, Plum is averaging 18.6 points, 3.5 assists, 2.9 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game while making 60.7 percent of her two-pointers, 50.6-percent of her three-pointers, and 89.2 percent of her free throws.

In EuroLeague competition, Plum is averaged 15.3 points, 3.3 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game, while making 38.8 percent of her three-pointers and 93.8 percent of her free throws.

Based on this and my own eyes when seeing her in Euro league, Plum would not beat out Moriah if healthy but I think they are both talented enough that they would both need to get near equal minutes. Lindsey Allen is a nice backup PG by the way.

On the other hand, Plum did not look good to me on the US team ?
If it was up to me I'd take Plum off the USA team and replace her with WNBA all star Tiffany Hayes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would agree with those points, bearing in mind that Crystal's career is not yet close to being over.

Did Moriah ever have games with 9, 10, or 12 assists? If so, I don't remember them.
The UConn single-game record for assists is 13 by 3 players, including Renee. Before this year, 5 players, including Sue, Dee, and Mo, had 12. Moriah tallied 12 at Temple on January 28, 2014. She's the career assists leader.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I like them both, so I’m not going to compare them. Yes, Crystal can make passes that Mo can’t, but Mo was/is a very good passer. Mo is a better defender. She was a "shut down" defender. No two players are exactly the same.

I enjoyed watching Mo, and I get excited every time Crystal comes down the court on a fast break, hoping she’ll embarrass a defender with a no-look pass that leads to a basket and a foul.

Crystal has Geno’s complete confidence and the keys to the Ferrari. She can do just about anything she wants.
SHE is the floor general, a responsibility she gladly excepts, and knows that her teammates will follow her lead and instruction.

Crystal is a much better defender now than she was her freshman year. I expect Chistyn’s defense to improve likewise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
True but without Moore, not sure I'd want to stick her there. Maybe the CT Sun?
I would think New York could use her. Boyd and Hartley have both been inconsistent at the lead guard spot and boy do the Liberty need someone that can pass, shoot, AND defend consistently. Healthy Moriah Jefferson=all of that.

Reaction Score
Scored 27 pts, 6 assists, 3 steals, 4 rebounds!

At Uconn for 20 years (about) there was only one PG SUE BIRD---then came Moriah Jefferson--she twisted my head and my brain. I feel like I'm cheating on Sue, but I doubt there is a better PG who can do more physically than Moriah..

Reaction Score
MoJeff, when healthy, is one of the most dynamic PG's in WBB!
If she can get with a team that can utilize her talent she will be an All-Star and Olympian!
When this coach speaks :; I listen.
Rshermvikes said ---watch Batouy, is can be something special. As injured as she is; the player she can be shines through, thanks @RSHERMVIKES, you know your players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom