Moriah - Evina watch (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Moriah - Evina watch (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When one door closes, another one opens. Sometimes you don't get drafted by a team that is a good fit for YOU. Sometimes you have to get released and then picked up by the team that you are better suited to. That was the case with Evina and the Storm. She was lucky enough to hear her name called during the draft.

It was a dream come true for her on draft night as she heard her name called, and got to celebrate with everyone at her watch party, but Seattle was not the right place for her. Some teams are "veteran laden." It's almost impossible for a rookie to make their roster.
I still think Crystal Dangerfield will get picked up by a team shortly. She's too good a player not to be in the league.

Coaches and GM's try to balance their teams with a certain number of players at each position. That's not always possible. Look at the juggling act Reeve (who is also the GM) is doing. :eek: No doubt she'll keep juggling her roster until she gets the roster she likes. Glad to see E has signed a regular season long contract. Remember, Reeve likes former UConn players. ;)
A post by Dillon 77 on May 5 fits here: "Regarding approach to (final) roster compiling/cuts, I came across this quote from Connecticut Sun Coach & GM Curt Miller: “What people fail to realize is that it’s not always the best 11 players, it’s the best 11 players that fit under the cap together,” Miller told The Next. “There are certain combinations that didn’t fit, and it contributed to some of those tough decisions.”
Sub in the number 12 for 11 in some instances and I'm sure most other GM's would agree: lot of variables that factor into roster prep."

This is why we see some cuts that make no sense to us on the outside looking in. :confused:

Reaction Score
Been waiting for someone to let play Moriah some minutes. 35 minutes, just 1 turnover. She looked like that kid who played at UConn, seems like ages ago. She really was everywhere on the court yesterday. Just a thrill to see that Moriah again. I'm sure she didn't like the loss, but she must have been absolutely delighted to be given the chance to play again.

Reaction Score
Just call The Lynx, UCONN central.

I'm still scratching my head over the Dangerfield situation. But Evina and Moriah are nice additions. I was in attendance and the crowd was Definitely excited watching Evina. More games like this and she may find a permanent home.
Both were given contracts. Not hardship...full season contracts.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the Lynx is trying to do…
Unsure if anyone else has speculated this yet, but if not let me do so:

While Moriah can certainly stabilize PG & Evina is a nice long-term investment that can pay some immediate supporting contribution dividends, recent Lynx moves & the team they put on court Saturday appears to be sub-standard for real W competition.

Given that Napheesa is out on maternity leave this season, the W draft lottery is a 2-year composite exercise, & the next transcendental WBB prospect & explosive social media & marketing sensation is a Minneapolis area native on schedule to graduate in 2 years, I would say the Lynx may be tanking for Paige.

Reaction Score
… & the next transcendental WBB prospect & explosive social media & marketing sensation is a Minneapolis area native on schedule to graduate in 2 years…
Sorry, wrong word. Meant transcendent.

While certainly exceptional, even Paige does not qualify as supernatural!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom