Moriah - Evina watch (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Moriah - Evina watch (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Moriah looks solid at pg so far and Evina doing some work on the boards and had a nice assist. Evina had a nice crossover move and clearly can get into the paint but a really nervous looking mid range shot Of course, some miscommunication but only 2TO in 1Q

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Evina with some nervous shooting (in first half ) but was solid overall with 5 assists 3 rebounds and only 1TO And Reeve seemed to appreciate her efforts since she played almost all the second half and was in at the end of game (+7) clearly preferred over Banham or Turner (about 5 miniutes each)

Reaction Score
Both evina and moriah played really well, they both were in the game in the end with crutch time minutes. Evina had 3 reb and 5 assists along with 4 pts, and I think she played really good defense . Both will do well once they get even more comfortable. I think both only had one practice yesterday

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So happy for Moriah! I hope she stays healthy. So glad she is out of Dallas - never seemed to fit with coaching and teammates either there or with Stars/Aces.

As for Evina - really hope she sticks as well. I think even with all the weird upheaval in MN that Reeves is a good coach for both Evina and Moriah.

Reaction Score
Just call The Lynx, UCONN central.

I'm still scratching my head over the Dangerfield situation. But Evina and Moriah are nice additions. I was in attendance and the crowd was Definitely excited watching Evina. More games like this and she may find a permanent home.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So happy for Moriah! I hope she stays healthy. So glad she is out of Dallas - never seemed to fit with coaching and teammates either there or with Stars/Aces.

As for Evina - really hope she sticks as well. I think even with all the weird upheaval in MN that Reeves is a good coach for both Evina and Moriah.
I wonder if being in her home state was an added issue?

Reaction Score

I'm still scratching my head over the Dangerfield situation. But Evina and Moriah are nice additions. I was in attendance and the crowd was Definitely excited watching Evina. More games like this and she may find a permanent home.
A little jealous you were able to be there. Really enjoyed hearing the crowd during the game, especially when they were giving the refs a hard time on some of those calls.:D There's nothing like an engaged fanbase during a really competitive game. Makes the game that much better.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Even on TV, when she came in, the crowd roared. I think alot of fans know her and the raw deal she got and are pretty sensitive to raw deals with Crystal.

The 2 players Kaela Davis and Raina Perez did not get on the court in the Storm Pheonix Game. (I know the game was close so rotations were tight but.. )_

Reaction Score
Via Yahoo - Star Tribune Article:

Some quotes:

"Seems point guard isn't that hard," Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve joked. "Don't overthink it. Just show up and play. Moriah gave our team confidence. It let our team settle in and do what they usually do. That position was taking care of."

"I was telling her today — before we even played, 'cause we were able to practice two times with her — that we can already see a difference," Powers said of Jefferson. "Our fast break is fast now. She can see the floor. And she's a penetrator. She makes things happen for us at the offensive end."

Reaction Score
Even on TV, when she came in, the crowd roared. I think alot of fans know her and the raw deal she got and are pretty sensitive to raw deals with Crystal.

The 2 players Kaela Davis and Raina Perez did not get on the court in the Storm Pheonix Game. (I know the game was close so rotations were tight but.. )_
It's a joke either of those players on are the team.

Reaction Score

They both did well yesterday. So a (close) loss, but:

"That was progress for our team," Reeve said. "We'll never accept a moral victory. But anyone who has been watching us could see it was a big-time progress game." "Moriah gave our team confidence. It let our team settle in and do what they usually do. That position was taking care of."

"the impact Jefferson had was immediate." (local media)

"we can already see a difference," Powers said of Jefferson. "Our fast break is fast now. She can see the floor. And she's a penetrator. She makes things happen for us at the offensive end."

I'm so happy :), I loved watching Moriah play at UConn... And I can still remember meeting her at the end of year celebration....

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the Lynx is trying to do. In any case, nice take by Evina and nice hand check on Moriah. Otherwise, she would have blown to the basket.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By the way…

When one door closes, another one opens. Sometimes you don't get drafted by a team that is a good fit for YOU. Sometimes you have to get released and then picked up by the team that you are better suited to. That was the case with Evina and the Storm. She was lucky enough to hear her name called during the draft.

It was a dream come true for her on draft night as she heard her name called, and got to celebrate with everyone at her watch party, but Seattle was not the right place for her. Some teams are "veteran laden." It's almost impossible for a rookie to make their roster.
I still think Crystal Dangerfield will get picked up by a team shortly. She's too good a player not to be in the league.

Coaches and GM's try to balance their teams with a certain number of players at each position. That's not always possible. Look at the juggling act Reeve (who is also the GM) is doing. :eek: No doubt she'll keep juggling her roster until she gets the roster she likes. Glad to see E has signed a regular season long contract. Remember, Reeve likes former UConn players. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom