Morgan's Likeability ... Wow | The Boneyard

Morgan's Likeability ... Wow

Reaction Score
It is beyond impressive when you see the quality of the kids Geno et al are able to bring in to this program! I have to say though that they have really outdone themselves over these past four years! This roster is really beyond anything I’ve ever seen in college basketball! First of all you see the skill and incredible talent that is present from top to bottom and then you begin to see the quality of these recruits in terms of character and like-ability! I am aware that we have always had good people throughout this program but this group really accentuates just how hard they work to find kids that are both great basketball players and outstanding people as well! I cannot wait for November!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Listening to Ashlynn - she sounds like she's a senior in her ability to express herself, answer questions eloquently, and not just give generic answers. She seems so grown up!! :)

Morgan seems like she's having a great time!! And you can tell she was a huge UConn fan before committing - "players you've patterned your game after "... "Oh, Sue. Stewie, Maya"... LOL And "yeah, huge Paige fan - I mean who isn't??!!" and then she laughed. Great interview especially for a freshman...

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Yes. I adore Ash, the person. What she brings to the team… I’m not the wordsmith to adequately express the thoughts bouncing around in my head.

Morgan. Holy Cow! Color me impressed. Looking forward to watching her grow her game as well watching her maturation process over the next four years.

Reaction Score
I just love ash.. You cannot see the humbleness inside her from her interview, then you remember what a fearless player she was last season. And the number one aspect of ash's game that I just adore is her joy of playing the game she displays on the court. I loved whenever she made a three point and right after, that smile. Sometimes the joy of a sport gets lost in certain athletes, but with ash, she is just a constant reminder that this sport, as competitive as it is, it should be fun too.

Reaction Score
I’ve noticed that a lot of times these reporters covering the collegiate athletes tend to ask questions and lead the player into an easy answer. Example, “You, and others, have mentioned that Kaitlyn is a just a Dawg, what do you mean by that? Is it that she is just extremely aggressive?”

For some, perhaps that last sentence is added to give the interviewee an easy answer, because they are young, amateur kids and they don’t want to embarrass, so the answer is “yea, that’s exactly what I mean, she is relentlessly aggressive”.

Morgan Cheli, irrespective of her age and probably inexperienced at these interviews, gives the most fluid and easy responses I think I’ve ever seen. It’s just easy! The one reporter completely lost his train of thought and couldn’t even get the question out… Morgan played along brilliantly; she really is an excellent interview! They should put her front and center on a lot more of them.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I love this time of year when we get to see and hear our girls, especially the freshmen. Still the best interview was with Paige. She really seems to have matured immensely since last year. Sometimes she seems to rush with her answers, but she was calm, and as I said, here whole demeaner seems to have changed. In other words, she has become the mature leader that we need to lead a very young and talented Husky team. Can't wait till next season to see how this team can get it together and become one of the best Husky teams ever.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
These interviews are so enjoyable. They give us a glimpse into who these young ladies are on and off the court.

Ash is very mature for a sophomore. I'm sure her game will make that sophomore jump. She's a gamer.

Morgan and Allie are going to fun to watch over these 4 years.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My #1 takeaway from these was about 2/3 through her interview, Shade said something to the effect, "I'm really looking forward to being on the court with Azzi and Caroline." She, at least, is expecting Caroline to play this year. Which is music to my ears. (I had no doubts that Azzi would be playing by the New Year.)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My #1 takeaway from these was about 2/3 through her interview, Shade said something to the effect, "I'm really looking forward to being on the court with Azzi and Caroline." She, at least, is expecting Caroline to play this year. Which is music to my ears. (I had no doubts that Azzi would be playing by the New Year.)
I heard that too and it made me wonder if Caroline was participating in the summer session. I sorta think Ashlynn made a slip up because I'm not sure if Caroline's presence could have been kept hidden.

Reaction Score
I never cease to be amazed by the maturity of these young women, and their ease behind a microphone. I think CD has a lot to do with that, not only in sizing up prospects during the recruiting process but also in polishing them once they arrive. I can see Ash as captain of this team in 2 years. And Morgan has already confirmed her role as my favorite. So-o-o-o-o looking forward to this season.

Reaction Score
Bigboote, I was also ecstatic by this statement. Wishing the entire team well!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom