Morgan Valley and Jasmine Lister | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Morgan Valley and Jasmine Lister

Reaction Score
I was wondering where Morgan and Jas would wind up. I think Morgan was at Washington about 3 years and has a lot more experience than Jas, but Jas is an intelligent, determined, and personable individual, so she should land someplace good.

Not nit picking you and probably reading something into what you didn't say about Ms Valley. I.E. the highlighted portion.
Obviously, I'm a huge fan of Morgan Valley who to the wife an I has always been all you say of Lister--Morgan worked at Towson, UMass, Washington--assistants that want to be a smart HC get this kind of diverse experience.

Reaction Score
Now we get to see Ms. Lister once a year? As my friend used to say "Mo' better" for us!
Mo Betta : Garth Brooks brand of shirts in OKLa, named my Lhasa Apso Moe-Betta ---Garth when asked about his wife said: she's my Moe Betta half.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mo Betta : Garth Brooks brand of shirts in OKLa, named my Lhasa Apso Moe-Betta ---Garth when asked about his wife said: she's my Moe Betta half.
Well in spite of Spike Lee, The Husky's are the "Mo' Betta' Blues". By the way, Spike and his sister live about 6 blocks from me.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just in case anyone wants to get back to the thread topic:

"DePaul coach and USA Olympics women’s basketball assistant coach Doug Bruno first noticed Lister during an Olympics training camp two years ago in Storrs, Conn. Lister was charged with coaching a men’s practice team against Bruno and the national team.

“Her leadership and coaching ability jumped out at me and made me take notice,” Bruno said. I went up to (Team USA head coach) Geno afterwards and asked who she was. He said that’s Jasmine Lister and she is a graduate assistant on our staff.

“Next to the people on our staff here, the Division I staff I’m closest to is UConn with all the time we’ve worked together on Olympic teams the last 10 years. I’ve gotten to know Chris Dailey, Shea Ralph and Marisa Mosely quite well.

“Jas was an assistant coach last season with Mike Neighbors at Washington, who has taken the job at Arkansas which made her available. Mike gave her the highest recommendation, as did Geno.”

DePaul Names Lister Womens Basketball Assistant Coach

There was a big article on her a couple of days before the game. Can't seem to find it again.

Ah, edit 'cuz the blind squirrel found it again. This from Jasmine: "I see them a lot, but I still want to tell them, 'Thank you,' " Lister said. "They've done a lot for me. They taught me a lot about basketball and a lot about myself as a person. They took someone in from another program, someone they didn't know, and treated me like one of their own. And even though I've been gone for a year they are still looking out for me and still make me feel like I'm a part of it. They didn't have to do all that and I'll always remember it."

DePaul's Lister excited for UConn reunion

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not nit picking you and probably reading something into what you didn't say about Ms Valley. I.E. the highlighted portion.
Obviously, I'm a huge fan of Morgan Valley who to the wife an I has always been all you say of Lister--Morgan worked at Towson, UMass, Washington--assistants that want to be a smart HC get this kind of diverse experience.
I was differentiating between Morgan and Jasmine, because Morgan has lots of experience and would find a position easily. Jasmine spent 2 years as a grad assistant at UConn and 1 year at Washington, so her resume is considerably lighter. Don't overlook my wording in the earlier post that "Morgan ... has a lot more experience than Jas." I didn't feel a need to address Morgan's qualities because her experience speaks for itself.

Reaction Score
I was differentiating between Morgan and Jasmine, because Morgan has lots of experience and would find a position easily. Jasmine spent 2 years a
s a grad assistant at UConn and 1 year at Washington, so her resume is considerably lighter. Don't overlook my wording in the earlier post that "Morgan ... has a lot more experience than Jas." I didn't feel a need to address Morgan's qualities because her experience speaks for itself.

Got it. I probably read that a day or two ago--because I responded to that post--when I read this--knowing you, I saw no disrespect for Morgan, in a vacuum, the words not said was what I was wondering--those words obviously were used previously. Morgan is one of my very favorite former players.
Thanks.

Reaction Score
Well in spite of Spike Lee, The Husky's are the "Mo' Betta' Blues". By the way, Spike and his sister live about 6 blocks from me.
I'd be bugging him for a spot in his next movie or TV special

Reaction Score
Once again I feel compelled to point out that comments on a woman's looks without focusing on what is important, her coaching ability and potential, are just wrong and offensive. Good grief, how clueless can certain folks be considering the current zeitgeist?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm thinking that Geno made a recommendation to his good buddy Doug Bruno. This is a win-win for Jas and Doug.

T cited an article in another post that mentioned she caught Doug's eye while she was doing work with Geno at Team USA training.

Reaction Score
I would consider Chicago a major upgrade over Fayetteville, and why wouldn't any young coach want to work for Doug Bruno.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom